Chariots of war crashing

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Maiorianus
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Chariots of war crashing

Post by Maiorianus »

Reload the files? How can I do it? (I know, I'm a terrible dummy T.T)

Also, I have checked the CoW folder...and Mss32dll is there, apparently...so I don't know why it said to me otherwise...
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

can you see a folder called Redist? inside there should be some exe, 1 to 3 at most, re run these as see if it helps
Maiorianus

Post by Maiorianus »

I searched in my /Programs/Slitherine/CoW folder, but I found no Redist folder....
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8)
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is interfering with the game installation.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest version,

It will have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as our updates are comprehensive.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Maiorianus wrote:I'm actually experiencing the same problem as Ivantheterrible: after having noticed that the game crushes after I conquer a city, I downloaded the 1.2.1 patch. However, when I try to run its .exe it says that mss32dll is missing.
You are running the extracted file (CoW_1.2.1.exe) without having it copied to the game installation folder.
Maiorianus

Post by Maiorianus »

I copied the 1.2.1.exe inside the folder, then I used it to launch the game. And, indeed, the crush problem vanished.......but now, it doesn't allow me to save games o.O
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Open the game installation folder. Locate and select a file named CoW_1.2.1.exe.
Press the right mouse button and select Properties.
Click on the Compatibility tab.
Tick the option Run this program as an administrator.
Click on Apply and Ok.
Maiorianus

Post by Maiorianus »

Sorry for the delay in my answer, but I was terribly busy during these days.
By the way, everything seems resolve....thank you :)
GreenEnergy
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by GreenEnergy »

Sadly I have to report the similar issue..

Yesterday I bought CoW and after I follow the instructions in the tutorial and conquer the city, it crashes. After post battle results it goes back to map and seconds after it crashes...
Bought Spartan and Gates of Troy as well and having no problems with those two, but CoW is the different case. I will certainly contact the mail address written above as its the same I got with my invoice even though it says info rather than support... :)

But all in all I have the same issue.. After I conquer the city in tutorial it crashes O_O

Edit:
I was faster than I should be and did read only the first page. So after I read the whole topic I downloaded the ''hot fix'' file and it seems to work for me now.. will try to install the same file on my desktop once at home and will see..

Thanks for the solution !
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

glad it worked, repost for any other issues, good luck and happy gaming

Return to “Chariots of War”