Economics Control

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Economics Control

Post by lordhoff »

I've noticed that once an economy gets large, the game develops a mind of its own. Basically, all the work of setting each area of the economy each turn is wasted. For instance, say gold is set at 42, food is set at 100, materials at 60, copper at 150, etc. Once the "next turn" button is clicked on, it might zero out all of the bottom items (usually from tin down), gold might have been spent at 345, materials at 400, etc. Is there any way of making it do what you set it to?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Sorry you are having a problem. It's not something we have had reported before. Could it be an artifact of the specific setup of your empire? The game has been out a long time and it's the first time this behaviour has come up, so far as I know.

Could you be running out of resources because of armies you are maintaining? I'll admit is has been many years since I played the game, so the details might elude me! ;)

Cheers

Pip
lordhoff
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by lordhoff »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Sorry you are having a problem. It's not something we have had reported before. Could it be an artifact of the specific setup of your empire? The game has been out a long time and it's the first time this behaviour has come up, so far as I know.

Could you be running out of resources because of armies you are maintaining? I'll admit is has been many years since I played the game, so the details might elude me! ;)

Cheers

Pip
It is a bit frustrating but it only happens when the economy is large and there is a lot of flex room. I occasionally noticed this in Spartan too and kind of figured that it might be the reason Spartan limits economy size. Something else that may be related is that the economic numbers are prone to changing the second time one opens the window. EX: I open the economics window and observe the values. I close the window and reopen it. Gold will more often then not be a different value. Easy work around. Anyway, I do recognize Chariot's age but, sometimes, that a bonus as most (apparently not all :) ) problems are known. I will say that Spartan was a definite improvement in many ways (one would hope so :wink: ). I was really surprised at how many changes were made.
gollummen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gollummen »

I have the same problem when my empire gets really large, but I have figured out that it wont happen if I spend less than half of my gold in a single turn. For some reason the game has a problem with you spending to much of your savings too fast.
Kissaki
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Economics Control

Post by Kissaki »

This is a bug, I think. It has always happened to me, too: When the economy gets large, gold values change wildly - or do they? I make it a habit to visit the trade section each turn to sell or buy a commodity (and change it back afterwards), and when I do the exchange rates return to normal. This can result in the difference of several thousand units of gold if your economy is big enough.

Return to “Chariots of War”