Chariots of War Product Specs

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Lanjane
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Chariots of War Product Specs

Post by Lanjane »

Hi!

I want to ask a few questions about the product before purchasing.

1) What is the game version and what is included?
I noticed that on the store page here - http://www.slitherine.com/products/341/ ... ots.of.War
it says that the game version is 1.00, while as far as I know the latest version is 1.2.1.
Also is the Map Pack included? Which was shipped with 1.14 official Patch

2) Is the game DRM-Free?

3) I noticed the links from official team member here -http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30 for the Roman Mod for this game, but unfortunatelly the links are dead. Could you revive them please?

4) Will you guys continue to develop this game in some sorts? For example make Android or iOS versions like the one you made for Legion?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chariots of War Product Specs

Post by pipfromslitherine »

This is from memory, so apologies if I turn out to be incorrect.

1 - yes, the latest version is included in the current installer.
2 - DRM free (other than, IIRC, serial at install)
3 - The post was from Iain, but the mod was hosted by an outside site. You would need to try and contact the original author unfortunately.
4 - Never say never, but we have no plans at this moment for other platforms or further work.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

pipfromslitherine wrote:This is from memory, so apologies if I turn out to be incorrect.
yes, the latest version is included in the current installer.
Thanks for a quick answers!

Could you please tell what these additional maps look like? Or maybe show a screenshot or so?
Also is there a patchnote available to see the changes?

I've played this game very long ago and it was a russian version localised by 1C. This was version 1.03 or 1.05 I believe. I found my CD but unfortunately enough I cannot install any patches over it as they keep saying me that Chariots of War is not installed (wrong registry keys I suppose?).
Also this russian localised version crashes sometimes on Win10, so I decided to get the latest english one instead. Kinda sucks that I need to pay for it 10 times larger sum than for a russian one, but who cares. At least could you provide me a real reason if this deal worth it from a collector's view since I'm really curious of what these new maps look like.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I found an old article which includes some details of what the pack includes at the bottom, as it is far too long ago for me to recall :)

https://www.gamezone.com/news/official_ ... pack_1_14/

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Chariots of War”