Emperors & Eagles Army List

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Napoleonics.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

Bar853
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Emperors & Eagles Army List

Post by Bar853 »

I am aware that the lists are being looked at for an update in line with V2, but in the mean time I understand that we are trying to restrict the amount of artillery that can be fielded. With E&E that is to One Unit of artillery - (two stand grouped together). Does this effect the amount of artillery attachments that can be taken from a list. Example French army in Spain 1810-12 is allowed a max of 2 artillery attachment.

Can I have a 1 unit of artillery plus 2 attachments in the army with a total of 4 stands?

With this in mind, Example 2 Allied army in Spain and France 1812-14, can take 2 attachments per Div with no restrictions other than the total max on artillery in the list (8 stands)

Can I have 1 unit of artillery plus 2 attachments per Div (3 Div) a total of 8 stands?

Or is it only 2 stands per army?
marty
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Emperors & Eagles Army List

Post by marty »

You are only allowed a single unit of artillery (whether small or large). The number of attachments you are permitted is unchanged (usually either one or two a division). The example you give is fine but the maximum of 8 guns no longer has any impact on the number of attachments available.

Martin
Bar853
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bar853 »

Thanks Martin. So the E&E errata and corrections Jul 2013 no longer applies? In that update it added a new paragraph in which it states artillery attachments do count towards the min and max of the E&E lists. In the second example I gave,if the max is not applied that could allow that list to have 10 stands of artillery, i.e. 1 unit of artillery along with 8 attachments in a 4 division army. That seems to be increasing the amount of guns rather than reducing the number. Unlikely someone would do that though!!!
On the opposite side of the coin the first example I gave loses 2 artillery stands it once had from its army list.

These two army lists would normally be matched against each other. While both have been restricted in the use of artillery units(2 stands) one has lost a third of is guns while the other has had a potential increase.

I might have this wrong so that's why I'm raising it.

Thanks
Jason
richafricanus
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by richafricanus »

Hi Jason, I would say if the list restricts you to a max of 8 bases of artillery, then that restriction still stands for v2 (although I can't see where that's written in the Allied 1812-14 list).

And actually, we find people still tend to try and max out on artillery attachments in v2, even at 14 points each. They remain very powerful.

Return to “Field of Glory : Napoleonic Era 1792-1815 : General Discussion”