Restrictions on Copying Field of Glory

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Napoleonics.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

In response to some traffic on forums and discussion groups I thought that it might be helpful to clear up any misunderstandings and make you aware of the following.

We would advise you not to copy any section of the rule book for distribution in any way. As apart from "fair dealing" Which has specific legal meaning no part of Field of Glory or the army list books may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, electrical, chemical, mechanical, optical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Slitherine

I am sure you understand why we must protect our intellectual property in this way and we thank you in advance for your co-operation and the interest that you have shown in the gaming system.

Best Regards
JDM
Chasseur
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Restrictions on Copying Field of Glory

Post by Chasseur »

Hi,

I fully understand and support the reasons for these restrictions.

I have devised an Excel spreadsheet which allows you to generate army lists using simple pull-down lists. It automatically adds up the points costs and the ACV, etc.
It also automatically generates troop labels from your list.
This spreadsheet of course uses the points values and terminology as per the rule book. But it does not list minimums and maximums as per individual published army lists. You have to check compliance yourself.

I want to put this on the NWA website for free distribution. Is this okay by you and not a breech of copyright?

It is all about making the setup of a game easier, so that more time can be spent in actual playing.

Cheers,
John Shaw
Nunawading Wargames Association
www.nwa.org.au
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

Hi John

Thanks for checking in, we always try to make these things work, so can you send it over and I will check it out and get back to you shortly
Best Wishes
JDM
magister
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by magister »

Hi jdm,

We are playng Fog N in roma, our impression is good ,we want organize a tournament as soon to test the sistem point...but seems good in the first two game!
Any news about errata files?
Any news about the John Shaw good idea for army builder?

Thank you
Francesco
Chasseur
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Chasseur »

Hi,

JDM and I have been in discussion about the army builder and there is just a couple of minor changes to be made to suit copyright issues. All this has been agreed. I just have to make a couple of minor changes, then get a final check by JDM. I have lots of family things over Easter, but would hope to have it available the weekend after. Hope you can wait that long.

Cheers,
John Shaw
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

John is quite correct here we have been working with him to agree the final version. So as soon as John can finalise his changes it will be released

Regards
JDM
magister

Post by magister »

thank you guys!!

happy Easter!

francesco

Return to “Field of Glory : Napoleonic Era 1792-1815 : General Discussion”