Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.lang.NullPoin

Moderator: Slitherine Core

shakespeare101
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.lang.NullPoin

Post by shakespeare101 »

Hello,

I ran into an error with CNAW - I was playing coalition against a large french side - and the game got hung up with the below java error in the dos term window still on the desktop - Game was stuck processing french movement. Possibly of note..It looked like the french were stacking units..I forced one to retreat and another uninjured one was in the same hex...I killed another nearby french unit and exploited into the square. Of note...this was another square that I thought appeared to have multiple french units move into with the last one progressively swallowing up the previous one...It just looked like there was always one french unit, but this was next to a city controlled by me so the AI couldn't have been wagoning the units away. In any case...after I exploited my cavalry unit into the square (next to my controlled city), I hit end turn...the French made a few moves of nearby units..I heard teh troop movement sound with the camera over my cavalry unit..so no units move and got a hung hourglass with the below exception.

Exception in thread "Thread-13" java.lang.NullPointerexception
at game.Game.decideCaptureMove<Game>
at game.AI._$797<AI>
at game.AI._$773<AI>
at game.AI.run<AI>

I'd be happy to post the autosave.data file if that is helpful.

Forgot to include system specs
patch 1.06 - Matrix version - Have played this version through to completion multiple times

P4 2.0 gig
2 gigs of Ram
Latest java version -

I am thinking this save game is whacked and I should probably do a fresh install of java and maybe the game as well...thoughts?

Thx,
Matt
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

Please mail me the save game file to firepowerjohan@gmail.com
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
shakespeare101

Post by shakespeare101 »

I appear to have overwritten the suspect file. I had gone back to my previous nights save and somehow overwrote it later. I'm very sorry to have wasted your time and I'll be sure and be more careful in saving it if it happens again. :oops:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

No problem - if you get it again and can send the save we'll look in to it.

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War : Tech Support”