Counters

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Bern
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Counters

Post by Bern »

I always play with the counters, but I'm not too keen on those currently provided. I'd quite like to give a more 3D appearance to them, but I'm not sure of the current 'construction. Would I be right in thinking that there is a kind of transparent bitmap - 64 x 64, upon which is built the unit counter together with the national flag and strength.

Bern
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes thats pretty much it - edit the images and you'll see your changes in game. Keep a backup in case you break something!
Bern

Post by Bern »

Many thanks - I'm actually really good at breaking things :D .

My problem(s) I suppose are one, lack of facilities to do the job properly and, two, a total lack of skill. That apart, sounds easy peasy.

So far, I've managed to get the actual unit counter pretty much the way I wanted it, but simply cannot get the tranparency of the base bitmap right, so I end up with a big white square with mi' nice new counter sitting there mocking me. It's probably because I'm using a v.v. old freeware painting prog.

Likely best if I give up now and wait for someone who knows what they're doing :D .

Bern
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The transparency is set in the alpha channel. You need a tool that allows you to edit the alpha channel - Photoshop or some such program. The alpha channel is a black/white image that determines how transaprent each pixel is.
Bern

Post by Bern »

Thanks - I thought something of the sort was the problem. Clearly I'm lacking the tools and equipment!

Bern
dooya
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by dooya »

Bern wrote:Many thanks - I'm actually really good at breaking things :D .

My problem(s) I suppose are one, lack of facilities to do the job properly and, two, a total lack of skill. That apart, sounds easy peasy.

So far, I've managed to get the actual unit counter pretty much the way I wanted it, but simply cannot get the tranparency of the base bitmap right, so I end up with a big white square with mi' nice new counter sitting there mocking me. It's probably because I'm using a v.v. old freeware painting prog.

Likely best if I give up now and wait for someone who knows what they're doing :D .

Bern
Please note that bitmaps do not support transparency. You have to create PNG graphics to use transparency.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Bern

Post by Bern »

Thanks - I stumbled onto that. I really am not up to this; should just stick to playing the game I guess, photoshop and stuff being beyond my reach.

Bern

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War : Tech Support”