Mac Registration Crashing

Moderator: Slitherine Core

randolph
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Mac Registration Crashing

Post by randolph »

I just recently purchased Commander Napoleon at War and Europe at War for download on my MacBook Air. I completed the download and moved the icon to my applications folder per instructions. When I click on the icon, the registration window appears. I enter my name, email address, and serial number and the registration window closes and quits (no game starts). If I do not put something in all three of the fields, I get an error message. I have already emailed Slitherine; but I have only got the response, "have you checked that you have entered the serial number correctly". I have entered it with and without dashes. It does not start.

I have gone to the Freeverse support site and it does not seem to recognize my email in relationship to the product. Is there a registration issue at Slitherine? I would assume if I was not entering a field in the registration window correctly it would give me an error message; but it just crashes instead so it is difficult to diagnose.
Fraserpaul

Re: Mac Registration Crashing

Post by Fraserpaul »

I purchased Commander Napoleon at War. There was no indication on the Slitherine website that it was no longer supported and I paid using paypal. However I am unable to register and play the game after expiry of my trial period. I received this reply from support -

I do apologise for the issues you are experiencing. This version of the game was developed via Freeverse. Unfortunately Slitherine didn't obtain the serial numbers from the developers after the project was completed so unfortunately you will not be able to register the game to our site.

Apologises for any inconvenience caused.
And so it appears I will not be able to play the game. Does this reply seem like it might be missing something like how to get a refund or a credit???
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. Registering your serial just means adding it to your account so you can look it up later. This is what we cannot offer as the game was not developed by us and we don't have the serial information, but this is nothing to do with playing the game. Do you mean you are having trouble unlocking the game so you cannot play it?

If so that is a different issue. Freeverse servers are used to unlock the game and its not something we can control but we can contact them and find out what is going on if they are not responding to your tech support calls. Make it clear to support that this is the issue and they'll see what they can do.
Fraserpaul

Post by Fraserpaul »

Thank you Iain for your reply. Correct After the trial period expired I am not able to play the game. The game will not play until I register the serial number. I went to the web site of Freeverse. The Freeverse web site does not recognize the email I used purchasing the product, In fact in the list of drop down games they have does not show this particular game.

I suspect looking at their website they do not support this title any more which would have been nice to know before purchasing it on your web site and paying your company. I have contacted them and I will be letting you know what happens next.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We've been trying to contact them for a few days but so far no luck :(

We're looking to see if there is away we can strip out the online activation ourselves if we can't get them to respond. I don't see a quick solution to this right now but we are working on it.
yosefbenami
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by yosefbenami »

Here is a post I recently made on another forum section:

'It also looks like Commander: Napoleon at War has been pulled off sale and no longer available. At least the Mac version. Although I had a lot of issues with the inaccurate scale of the game, it was still an interesting game and worth a play now and then. I bought my copy from Freeverse long ago and tired to re-install my copy to play it again recently only to discover that it was impossible to do so. My registration code was no longer accepted because it has to be done with Freeverse which no longer exists. So much for owning a game that one has purchased.'

UPDATE: If anyone is looking for an answer to this problem, I would be interested in knowing the solution to re-registering CNAW. When attempting to register, the game takes you to the Mobage website which does not have CNAW.
yosefbenami
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by yosefbenami »

I had given up ever playing C:NAW ever again. I am not even sure if the game would even run on newer Mac OS's. As I wrote before, it is impossible to install the game because the Freeverse registration server no longer exists. This experience has made me very cautious about purchasing a game for $50.00 ever again. By chance, I finally got the game to work ... sort of. I had given my old MacBook to my daughter a couple of years ago. She gave it back to me after buying her own newer machine. I remembered that I had previously had C:NAW installed on the old MacBook (which runs under Mac OS Lion) so I reinstalled it and C:NAW worked and ran without asking me for the dreaded registration code for the nonexistent Freeverse server. I now assume that somewhere on the laptop is a hidden file left over from my previous install but I cannot find it. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd much rather load C:NAW on my newer machine, wipe out the HD on the old MacBook and donate it somewhere.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Have you bought the game in our store or in Freeverse's store?
yosefbenami
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by yosefbenami »

I purchased the game from Freeverse. I still have the confirmation e-mails.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk with your confirmation emails.

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War : Tech Support”