Game does not load under Windows 7

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Game does not load under Windows 7

Post by ahuyton »

Pokke has posted a problem in the main forum, as follows, and we're waiting a reply, thanks:

I recently tried to play the game again on this same computer. (Windows 7 -64) Noted that there was a patch. Downloaded and installed.
But now I cannot get past the "Loading Game" screen. I tried complete reinstall. I tried running as admininstrator. I tried all of the compatibility settings but to no avail. I also deleted the Mydoc /game folder to delete the old settings. And tried to run under low specs in game, even though my computer has more power than needed.

Recently I did have problems on another game which was linked to the latest Java version It's on auto-update or at least I try to download the latest versions whenever I get a message to do so. At the moment Java module is up to date.

Now, as I was able to play the CNaW game on this same machine a few months earlier I now wonder if it's the patch 1.06 or the Java module? Does anyone else encountered this problem and knows how to solve it? I've read the forum messages but most seem to date from 2 years ago, so I assume it cannot be that problem for them?

I am able to run CEaW (but when I first started it up today to check, I got a new error message: resolution 1024x720 (not sure about the last number) not supported) I was able to play though and got no more errors after turning off the full screen option.

Thanks in advance!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are havng problems but it's not something we know how to resolve. If it was working on this system and stopped then it is probably linked to some sort of conflict with an update from Windows or Java. Unfortunately this is outside our control :(
Pokke
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Pokke »

Well, there's good news. There was a Java update available. I installed it and tried to run the game and now it works!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Good to know!

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War : Tech Support”