Game freezes

Moderator: Slitherine Core

TomBombadil711
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Game freezes

Post by TomBombadil711 »

I have downloaded CNAW a couple of days ago and had the following problems several times:

When I click "Raze" in the control panel the game sometimes freezes or the then opening window "Burn capital...." is flickering. Also when I move the mouse cursor over the buttons "Raze" or "Disband" there is no text to be read at first, only after a while I can read what the buttons in the lower line of the control panel stand for.

Will be thankful for any help.
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

You mean by "freeze" that game crashes or are you able to continue playing?
The issue with lagging tooltip is a performance issue and can appear on some machine. How fast is your machine and what other applications arfe you running simultaneously?
Are you running from a Laptop in power save mode and/or runnning it from the battery instead of a power cord (strongly recommended!)?

Commander series is very sensitive to hard drive usage so if you have some software like virus scanner or similar working the performance may drop considerably.

A final question is, you are playing what scenario and are you playing only standard game or any modded version?
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

By freezing I mean that I cannot do anything more in the game, the map is still there but I cannot select a unit or issue any orders and have to close the game. So far I am only playing the standard game, no mods on my PC, not Laptop. Will try to close anything else except CNAW.

Return to “Commander - Napoleon at War : Tech Support”