Game not installing

PC, DS, Wii. Slitherine is pleased to announce that it has signed a worldwide licensing agreement to develop Horrible Histories™ games.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

mattwood
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game not installing

Post by mattwood »

Hi, my brother got this game for Christmas. I have tried to install it on his laptop, but it gets to the menu where you can select "Install" but then it does nothing. I wondered if it was just his laptop since it runs Windows 7, not Vista as it says in the System Requirements. So I tried it on my laptop (which does run Vista) and it does exactly the same thing. Help would be appreciated, thanks.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You could try manually running the installer from the disk. There might be something going on which is preventing the launcher from finding the installer correctly. Look for a setup.exe or something similar on the disk.

Cheers

Pip
marzipan

not installing windows 7

Post by marzipan »

hi I had a similar problem. (windows 7)
First of all halfway through setup it would tell me one of the files was a malware virus and then it aborted the setup. I fixed that and now it gets halfway through the setup before an error box says 'Could not open the uninstall executable for writing: access to C:\windows\horrible histories ruthless romans\uninstall.exe was denied.
Help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Return to “HORRIBLE HISTORIES™ Ruthless Romans”