Pip 2nd October 2008

Slitherine Team Blogs. Written by the team to give you a behind the scenes picture.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pip 2nd October 2008

Post by pipfromslitherine »

<p>Really starting to get into our stride with the BBC work now. GBotMA is in beta at the moment, so we have plenty of time to do prototyping and design work for the BBC project. As I have said before, I'm hoping that it will provide a really great set of tools for people to create mods and scenarios - in fact we're building in user creation on all platforms (as much as we can). Whether these are interoperable will depend a lot on the technical details as we go forward to implementation and find out what differences will need to exist between the game on its various platforms.</p>
<p>Currently I am working on making large parts of the engine driven by scripting files which could easily be added and tweaked by the user. As an example, the current system would allow you to add an entirely different type of weapon interaction (say, a laser) and do all the damage calculations, range adjustments, and hit logic in your scripts. Then once the script was loaded there would appear your new type of shoot option, in the menu with all the other types of interaction. Not that I would encourage you to add lasers to everything, it would just upset the Grognards ;)</p>
<p>We're getting interesting feedback from the beta group, and have actioned some of it already. The more feedback we get, the better the final game can be, as fresh eyes keep us on our toes. Hence our gradual rollout - you only get one chance to make a first impression! So if you are in the beta at the moment, then keep that feedback coming, and if you are waiting for your chance, then your turn is coming... :)</p>

Return to “Blogs”