Pip 15 August 2008

Slitherine Team Blogs. Written by the team to give you a behind the scenes picture.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pip 15 August 2008

Post by pipfromslitherine »

<p>Lots of stuff happened this week. Skirmish mode is coming along nicely - it's something people have asked for for a while, and so hopefully all the hard work will pay off. Also been doing some polish on the UI and other user friendliness aspects of the game. Hopefully that will head off the usual problem that a week after you ship the game we (and you guys!) come up with 30 ways that the UI could be better. Beta helps catching that, but nothing brings up suggestions like 1000s of people playing the game!</p>
<p>I've also been looking at our memory use. We're aiming to run on machines with only 512Mb of RAM, which stills seems like a lot, but these days is really pretty unusual. We always work hard to ensure our games work on the widest possible set of hardware - even knowing that most of the time this won't be something that gets noted. But if it means people can try and play on their laptops or on older machines, then it feels like a good use of time.</p>
<p> </p>
Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

Pip, what game are you talking about? You don't say anywhere in the post...
dooya
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by dooya »

possum wrote:Pip, what game are you talking about? You don't say anywhere in the post...
Great Battles of the Middle Ages, I guess. What did I won? Did I at all? :lol:
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You are correct! You win the warming glow of a job well done. Congrats!

:)

Cheers

Pip
dooya

Post by dooya »

pipfromslitherine wrote:You are correct! You win the warming glow of a job well done. Congrats!

:)

Cheers

Pip
Since prices for heating are increasing constantly, anything warming is very appreciated. :lol:

dooya
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Return to “Blogs”