Pip 08 August 2008

Slitherine Team Blogs. Written by the team to give you a behind the scenes picture.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pip 08 August 2008

Post by pipfromslitherine »

<p>Well, the end of another week. Been working mainly on clearing out a wide variety of bugs and requests on the buglist. Some were model issues, making artillery a little less indiscriminately murdersome for example! Others were tweaks and additions to the UI to try and make everything as polished and welcoming as possible. Some of the most useful was on the UI for multiplayer and skirmish modes. Some back and forth between Richard and I got a much cleaner UI experience. You should hopefully be able to play skirmish or multiplayer with just a few clicks - we'll be providing some default example armies to play with, but you can always construct and use your own.</p>
<p>I'm also hoping to embed into the launcher a little online display, which will mean there need never be a missed patch, cool mod, or other useful info about the game. I don't think we'll go with an autopatching solution, mainly because we would still need to allow for those people playing on machines with no/poor connections anyway, but it should certainly make it a lot simpler to grab a patch.</p>
<p> </p>

Return to “Blogs”