Iain 22nd July

Slitherine Team Blogs. Written by the team to give you a behind the scenes picture.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iain 22nd July

Post by IainMcNeil »

<p><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">Last week was a bit of a write off. There were so many meetings that it was hard to get anything done! We met with a number of our licensees and existing partners, but sadly can't say anything about those meetings for now, so the blog is probably going to be a bit dull! <o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">On the development side we started the Commander Napoleon at War beta and have had some great first pass feedback. It looks like the game is already great fun so it’s just a matter of cleaning out the bugs and getting the balance right. We've got a nasty performance issue that is killing the frame rate on some PC's and we're trying to track that down. Once we've sorted that out we'll open up the beta test to a wider test group. <o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">Phil is working hard to finish up Great Battles and has sent me many version but I've not had a chance to really test them! Multiplayer is looking a lot more stable and once we have the missions finished off we'll be on the home straight. <o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">Richard's PC died on him last week and so we're in the process of resurrecting it and getting a new one. It's a real pain as we're trying to prepare designs for the next game in time for a presentation. For now he's very limited in what he can do. <o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">We finally received some test prints of the art canvases internally. They look absolutely awesome. We've printed up a couple of test images which are going to be shown at Historicon, the large wargames event in the US, next week. You can order at the show, so make sure to check them out. They'll be on the Casemate stand, which is located next to Osprey. If you get the chance head over and have a look - they really do need to be seen to be believed. <o:p></o:p></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: "Arial","sans-serif"">That’s about all for now, but hopefully the blog will get more interesting once we've announced our upcoming projects and can talk about them in more detail!</span></p>
scarfacetarraff
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by scarfacetarraff »

Well, I'm glad I stumbled in here Iain. Great method of keeping the community abreast of events and happenings. I hope you guys are able to work out a Mac version of NaW with Freeverse. And of course, I'm always going to be bugging you about Pocket History: Rome on the DS. Man, I wish Nintendo would clear some screenshots of Rome. ;) I've been playing a great deal of Civilization Revolution on the DS since its release. I posted some comments about it in the General section, in reply to FirepowerJohan.
"Hasta la victoria siempre!"
Legion (Mac/iPad), Spartan (Mac), GoT (Mac), Legion Arena (Mac), CEaW (Mac/DS), CNaW (Mac), HGE: Rome (DS), Egypt: EaE (iPad), FoG (Mac), Battle Academy (Mac/iPad), Unity of Command (Mac), CTGW (iPad)

Return to “Blogs”