Iain 10th July 08

Slitherine Team Blogs. Written by the team to give you a behind the scenes picture.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iain 10th July 08

Post by IainMcNeil »

<p>As usual things are pretty busy. There doesn;t seem to be a time when they're not these days. Great Empires Rome is hopefully going in to submission today as we've built the final SRL file that is required by Nintendo. Getting all teh documentation ready is quite painful as you need to make sure it's exactly right or you can rejected and have to restart the submission process.</p>
<p>In addition I'm uploading the Commander Napoleon at War version for the initial beta tester group to look at. The plan is to introduce small groups at a time to the Beta test so we do not get overwhelmed with feedback and so we can always have a fresh pair of eyes looking at each version. I want to run one final test on it before I let the Beta testers know it's there and the feeding frenzy begins! :)</p>
<p>Yesterday we met with Osprey Publishing. We were talking to them about our plans for the future of Field of Glory. They are very keen to publish the next iteration and we think they are a good fit so will probably work with them again. Our main concerns are the amount of time and effort it took to create the first set as we have limited bandwidth and were stretched to the limit. We've got plans on how to delegate more of the work in the future to keep the workload manageable so hopefully this will make it all less painful next time round.</p>
<p>I've been working with Richard on the design of an upcoming game today. We're both pretty much finished with Great Battles of the Middle Ages and most of the remaining work is down to Phil in the multiplayer & skirmish mode and the scenario design team over at the Lordz for play balance. We can't really say much about the new project it other than it's very exciting and we can't wait to get started. One of the trickiest things is getting the balance of complexity and playability. We wan't features that will be realistic to the player, but not at the expense of over complicating the user interface. We think we've come up with some good options which Richrd is going to flesh out and hopefully we can move on from there. Phil is gagging to get started as he's been on GBotMA for a long time now and any other project seems very appealing!</p>
<p>We've also got two other Kameleon Project games from new developers in production which we're going to be announcing soon. We just need the games to progress a litle more so we have some in game shots to go with the announcements.</p>
<p>There's also some big news coming, which we are always on the verge of being able to talk about but these things just take so long to get finalised! Ah well, you'll find out soon enough.</p>

Return to “Blogs”