Spartan Map Editor importing map stencil

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Spartan Map Editor importing map stencil

Post by dejvid2 »

I have got the basic map editor working but I can't work out how to import a map stencil. There is no menu option for this (that I can see) and when I pres "i" (which is what the manual says) nothing happens. I am running it under Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
dejvid2

Re: Spartan Map Editor importing map stencil

Post by dejvid2 »

I have also run the map editor under windows 2000. Again it works fine (once the colors are reduced to 16 bit) but when I press "i".
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm really sorry but I don't remember how it works. There was a way to import a background image and use it instead of the tile set but all i can think of is that the map file is in the wrong format or the wrong location to be read in. I'm sorry I cant be more help but to try and work this out would take a substantial amount of time as apart from anything its all archived away and finding the files would be the first step :(
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

IainMcNeil wrote:I'm really sorry but I don't remember how it works. There was a way to import a background image and use it instead of the tile set but all i can think of is that the map file is in the wrong format or the wrong location to be read in. I'm sorry I cant be more help but to try and work this out would take a substantial amount of time as apart from anything its all archived away and finding the files would be the first step :(
It seems I've missed the golden age of Spartan modding. :(

But the problem is not the file format. Nothing happens at all when I press "i" as per manual. If I had been asked which file is to be loaded, I would have offered it one of the files that come with the editor.

If anyone has used the editor more recently, it would be very helpful to know what should happen. I'm expecting it to present a dialogue so I can select a pcx file but maybe it just looks for a file in a fixed place and then just loads it without asking. Or something else entirely?

EDIT
I see you suggest wrong location as a possibility so I'll try putting a copy of map.pcx in every plausible location. Worth a try.

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”