D3drm GoT/Spartan problems

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Redpossum
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Redpossum »

Pfft, you did not get screwed. Slitherine has never screwed anybody, in fact they bend over backwards to help.

If you are having problems finding the game install directory, just r-click the shortcut on your desktop. On the resulting pop-up menu, check at top to make sure you are the "shortcut" tab, and then look at the "Start In" window to see exactly what directory your game is installed in.

Download the Vista fix file, unzip it and dump it in the game directory as determined above, and you are good to go.

It's worked for dozens, perhaps hundreds, of other people. There's no reason it can't work for you, too. Just take a deep breath and "cowboy up" :)

I know these things can be hella frustrating. I have vented in these forums a little once or twice myself (cough cough), but in the end, you can fix it yourself with a little patience and perseverance! :)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sadly it's one of the problems of PC's they are all different and so you end up with odd issues like this. Consoles make this type of thing a non issue, but they have their own issues :)
texfull
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by texfull »

I have downloaded the zipped file but am not sure how to unzip it and place it in the game file.

Unfortunately I am not the most computer savvy person on the planet.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

To unzip the file first open it by double clicking on it. Then drag the dll file in the zip to the directory you installed the game to (Probably Program Files\Slitherine\Spartan or Troy). Thats all you need to do.
texfull

Post by texfull »

still getting the following error when I try to start the game.

cannot find import;DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "d3drm.dll",error 126
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

This means the file is not in the correct place. Please make sure it is in the same dir as the spartan.exe. If it is there, it will not show this error. Oh the joys of Vista....
texfull

Post by texfull »

Does this go for Troy also?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes, place it with the Troy.exe.
texfull

Post by texfull »

I have tried to do that and it seems to not be working. I am going to try and delete everything and download the program again. Hopefully something will work but if not I will be back unfortunately. :(

Frustration!!!!!!! :x

The download went fine but during installations I received 6 error messages.

1. C:\Program files\Slitherine\Gate of Troy\data\movies\intro1.bik doesnt match the file in setups .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact the software vendor.

2. C:\Program files\Slitherine\Gate of Troy\data\movies\spartan.bik doesnt match the file in setups .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact the software vendor.

3. C:\Program files\Slitherine\Gate of Troy\data\battle\units\25.3pk doesnt match the file in setups .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact the software vendor.

4. C:\Program files\Slitherine\Gate of Troy\data\battle\walls\default\castle-wall-left.tga doesnt match the file in setups .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact the software vendor.

5. C:\Program files\Slitherine\Gate of Troy\directX81\directX.cab doesnt match the file in setups .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact the software vendor.

6. C:\Program files\Slitherine\Gate of Troy\directX\DXNT.cab doesnt match the file in setups .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted; contact the software vendor.

On all 6 errors I was given the option of ABORT/RETRY/IGNORE. I chose ignore.

When I attempted to run the program i was given the following error

1. cannot find import; DLL maybe missing, corrupt, or wrong version file "d3drm.dll", error 126
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

These problems mean your installer is corrupted. You'll need to download it again I'm afraid.
texfull

Post by texfull »

You mean download the game again?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes, your download is corrupted. Those error messages you clicked ignore on are serious errors in the file that the game cannot recover from.
texfull

Post by texfull »

This is getting frustrating. I deleted everything and downloaded the game again. Still getting the same error's.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm not sure what to suggest - something is corrupt on your machine. Maybe try running a disk check program to ensure everything is ok? Until you can get an uncorrupted version of the installer on to the PC there is not really much we can do to help.
texfull

Post by texfull »

Disk check program? How do I find one that I can run? I just installed LEGION from disc and did not experience any issue at all.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

There are some accessories with windows like disk defragmenter but you may need to go and search for one on the internet. Look for something that checks for bad/corrupt disks.

Just to check again
* You unsinstalled Spartan
* You deleted the installer
* You downloaded the installer again

Can I just check the link you used to download it and if you used any download tools to help?
texfull

Post by texfull »

I did all three steps. How do I show you the link I used to download the game?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Just copy and paste the link here.
texfull

Post by texfull »

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Have you tried downloading the file using a Download Manager? That might help prevent the corruption (although the installer should check itself anyway when it runs).

Do you have access to another machine, where you could try running the downloaded file? If you download on your machine, then copy to the other and it works, then it would point to a problem on your machine, rather than with the downloading.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”