D3drm GoT/Spartan problems

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Tex, if this does not work can you send your order confirmation mail to info@slitherine.co.uk and we'll chase Digitial River to find out why you can't download the file. It is hosted on their payment servers and uses their own downlad manager I think, so it may be an issue with that. Once again apologies for the problem.
bodidley
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bodidley »

I recently reinstalled Vista on my computer, and now none of my licenses for my Slitherine games work. How do I fix that?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You'll need to send us your order IDs from the purchase confirmation mails so we can get you back up and running I guess. Mail them to info@slitherine.co.uk listing the problems.

If you dont know the order id you can look it up at www.findmyorder.com

We have since changed the copy protection system so that this kind of problem should be a thing of the past for new titles.
carwheel37
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by carwheel37 »

I have had SPARTAN for a very long time and have been satisfied with the gameplay yet I have installed it on my vista PC and there is something wrong.

I downloaded the d3drm.dll file into the spartan.exe file area. The game seems to run yet the initial loading screen never goes away and the game never starts. I run the game with administrator permission and even tried compatibility mode. I'm confused, please help!

Thanks bunches
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

As far as we know the Vista patch is all you need. If it is not running the chances are it is unrelated to Vista. Can you check your drivers are all up to date. You could try turning the sound off from the user.txt file in \data by adding NoSound 1. This might help. Have you got DirectX 9.0c installed?
saurav

Post by saurav »

I have purchased a copy of gates of troy. After installation whenever I tried to run it gives me this error :00xc00000ba.
What can I do to solve the problem?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems but we'll need some info to give any help as obviously this doesnt happen for us.

Can you start a new thread with details of your operating system, your PC hardware (grpahics card etc) and exactly when you see the error. Is it during install, when you run - at the main menu, somewhere else? Do you see intro videos etc.
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

What about Windows 7? Why is it that not one game you have works on Windows 7 except for the original CEAW. Please could you help me. I can't see the value in it. I can't play any games anymore
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Every game we have works on Windows 7 usually, so it must be a compatibility issue. One thing to note is that you might need to run as Administrator, or use XP compatibility mode. You will also need the d3drm.lib file (as linked at the top of this sticky).

But generally you should have no problems. What issues are you seeing?

Cheers

Pip
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If it does not work any wrath should be directed at Microsoft, not us. They changed their OS and it is not backwards compatible. We'll do what we can to help but if it doesn't work then it's not down to us. It's not something we can fix!
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

I can't figure this thing out at all. I now have it in the games directory and cannot play it and it won't let me copy and past the dll into it
Please tell us where you installed the files - what is the directory path (folder name)? If you put the dll in that dir it will work
Where do I find the folder. Also, if this means anything to you, I also have gates of troy. Does that affect any of this?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The default folder path would be something like Program Files\Slitherine\Spartan or Gates of Troy. This may not work well in Windows 7 as they've changed the way it all works so you might have to reinstall to ProgramFilesx86 or something like that. I don't have a Windows 7 system here to check the folder path.
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

Ok. I give up. I guess I just can't play the game anymore.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

You should be able to find the EXE by looking at the properties of the shortcut installed to the desktop (or on the program list). That will give you access to the directory.

If you cannot copy the file into the directory, it means you don't have admin access on the account you are using.

Hope that helps

Pip
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

There is no EXE file anywhere in properties
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You have to right click on the shortcut and ask properties and it tells you the path to the file.
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

Is there no one to help me out here. There is no .EXE in properties for windows 7. There are 6 categories in properties: general, shortcut, compatibility, security, details, and previous versions. No .EXE I even tries to restore it to a previous version by clicking that icon. Nothing, of course
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The shortcut path tells you where the file is stored. That is what you need to know to find out where to place the DLL.

If you still have problems, you can also use the compatibility tab to choose various compatibility modes, but hopefully you won't need to worry about them, as we've not had any issues whe testing here.

Cheers

Pip
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

Ok. I finally got it. I tried many different things. I finally saw the EXE file. I never saw anything that was that difficult. TY for all of your help and patience
panzers
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by panzers »

I can't get it to work with Gates of Troy though. Is there something I need to know about that one being that it is a sort of extension to Spartan?

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”