Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory: Empires updated to version 1.0.2

Post by Daniele »

Hi everyone,

Field of Glory: Empires has received its official update!

Version 1.0.2 brings improvements on Gameplay, AI behaviour, Multiplayer and on other fields.

All save games remain compatible with the update, but if you want to log in into multiplayer, updating to version 1.0.2 is mandatory.

You can download the update from here

Version 1.0.2 Changelog

GAMEPLAY
• Limited population boom events to regions under 25 pops
• National citizen can never go above 8 unrest each
• Rome special civil war eased up
• Periplus decision twice rarer
• You need to have some legacy to enact the emergency army decision
• Pyrrhus scenario: if playing SP in easy or balanced, extra income per turn
• Dacian provincial HI are converted to heavy warband in FOG2
• Melita town repositioned
• Fix to endless shuffling in a province not building anything
• Fix to losing fifth token the turn you evolve
• Fix to emperor not named in due time
• Show a sea battlefield for naval battles in dual terrain
• Fix to 2 late wonders not proposed at a proper date
• Fix to no pirate raiding possibility under some circumstances
• The Weird Parade is better than before

AI
• Less eager dogpiling on countries already at war
• AI: If under severe threat, AI will be more inclined to disregard the other nation holding some of its objectives
• AI less aggressive in unbreached assaults
• Slightly less aggressive AI overall

UI-QoL
• If Rome can be subject of a civil war, you’ll get two advance warnings.
• If the death of your ruler can lead to a Civil War, you’ll get an advance warning
• Invasions are preceded with an advance warning
• Added tooltips (English) for visual options, battle export button, message log restore button, multiplayer new game settings.
• Show only a single progress bar during AI processing.
• Various minor edits on text typos

MULTIPLAYER
• Fixed error displaying multiplayer challenge list

MISCELLANEOUS
• Rare audio crash fixed
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Field of Glory: Empires updated to version 1.0.2

Post by Retributarr »

Fix for small print on game screen?:

I watched the Video's, and was quite disheartened by how very-small the print lettering was on everything. I'm not 20 years old anymore, and so my eyesight is not that sharp anymore...I would need to have an 'Option' to be able to increase the size of the readable print messaging on the Pop-Up's and such before I could even consider purchasing this Game.

Other-Wise...the Game looks terrific!.
dunnsa
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by dunnsa »

Retributarr wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm Fix for small print on game screen?:

I watched the Video's, and was quite disheartened by how very-small the print lettering was on everything. I'm not 20 years old anymore, and so my eyesight is not that sharp anymore...I would need to have an 'Option' to be able to increase the size of the readable print messaging on the Pop-Up's and such before I could even consider purchasing this Game.

Other-Wise...the Game looks terrific!.
I use the built-in Windows Magnifier. Works quite well!
aka lodilefty at AGEOD
aka dunnsa2002 at Steam

"Never let the pursuit of perfection obstruct progress!"
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

dunnsa wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:01 pm
Retributarr wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm Fix for small print on game screen?:
quote=dunnsa post... I use the built-in Windows Magnifier. Works quite well!
Thankyou for your effort to render assistance!. I got the Magnifier to work on the Desk-Top-Screen as well as on this Forum-Page, however...I have been 'Unable' to make the 'Magnifier' work on a Game-Screen. Any helpful Suggestions as to how I can do that?.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Retributarr wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 am
dunnsa wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:01 pm
quote=dunnsa post... I use the built-in Windows Magnifier. Works quite well!
Thankyou for your effort to render assistance!. I got the Magnifier to work on the Desk-Top-Screen as well as on this Forum-Page, however...I have been 'Unable' to make the 'Magnifier' work on a Game-Screen. Any helpful Suggestions as to how I can do that?.

I also could not get the magnifier to work, but I found a solution.

Set your monitor to its native resolution.

In the options screen, choose the borderless window instead of full screen. Close the game, then start it, and it should work for you. it did for me.

I have the same problem with the tiny print that you do, but this solved it for me. this is a wonderful game. i hope this works for you.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

Sorry, I made a mistake. You should set the resolution in the options menu to the native resolution of your monitor.

Then set it to a borderless window, also in the options menu. Then close the game and start it.

I apologize for the error. it has been a long day.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

vaalen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:31 am Sorry, I made a mistake. You should set the resolution in the options menu to the native resolution of your monitor.

Then set it to a borderless window, also in the options menu. Then close the game and start it.

I apologize for the error. it has been a long day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'[
`You should set the resolution in the options menu to the native resolution of your monitor. "Done" This change was completed in the 'Options Menu'...in the 'Magnifier' tool.
----------------------------------
`Then set it to a borderless window, also in the options menu. Then close the game and start it. ?? Unfortunately i am unable to find this setting change in the Options Menu. I would very much like a 'Heads-Up' on exactly how I can do this. Thanks!.

Again!... Then set it to a borderless window, also in the options menu. ? Is this change done with 'Magnifier' or with the actual Game settings in the Game?.

----------------------------------
I'm not well versed/specialized in these types of calibrations...so I will have no choice...but to ask some banal questions occasionally.

For example: My 'Mouse-Pointer' goes off the desktop screen... might you mean this to possibly be what is an indicator of a borderless window?.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

All the changes are done on the actual options screen that comes with the game. You will not be able to make these changes until the game is installed.

once you have clicked on the options screen you will find a list of possible resolutions on the left of the screen.The native resolution of your monitor should be selected by clicking on it.

Under the list of resolutions, there are screen options listed, which include a borderless window. Select that option.

Then you leave the screen by clicking on the icon on the upper right that the tooltip calls?back". Then you quit the game, then start it again.

The only changes I made were in the options screen that came with the game. Hope this helps.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

vaalen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 am All the changes are done on the actual options screen that comes with the game. You will not be able to make these changes until the game is installed.

once you have clicked on the options screen you will find a list of possible resolutions on the left of the screen.The native resolution of your monitor should be selected by clicking on it.

Under the list of resolutions, there are screen options listed, which include a borderless window. Select that option.

Then you leave the screen by clicking on the icon on the upper right that the tooltip calls?back". Then you quit the game, then start it again.

The only changes I made were in the options screen that came with the game. Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
First!!!...Thank-you for your great effort to help out!.

I'm 99% sure that I did all that you have instructed...I am amiss as to seeing where I could have missed anything?...yet...I still at this time am 'Unable' to bring up "Magnifier' onto the 'OoB WW II' Game Screen Display???.

So...anyway... I appreciate your introducing me to the 'Utilization' of 'Magnifier'...I'm sure that it will still come in as a useful tool on occasion. If there is anything to add or something that comes to mind...please!...feel free to enlighten me.
vaalen
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by vaalen »

You are welcome. I have great sympathy for you, as I often have the tiny text problem with games.

I do not see the magnifier icon on the game screen, but it is working. I turn it on by pressing the windows key and holding it, and then the plus sign at the far right of the keyboard. If i want to increase the size of the view, I do the same thing. If i want to reduce a view that has been magnified, I hold the windows key down and press the large minus key at the same time. I never see the magnifier icon on the game screen, but the size of the display will increase or decrease as i use the controls as described above. Perhaps you have already tried this. I cannot think of anything else to add.

I wish you the best of luck in getting the magnifier to work with this game.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

vaalen wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 pm You are welcome. I have great sympathy for you, as I often have the tiny text problem with games.

I do not see the magnifier icon on the game screen, then the plus sign at the far right of the keyboard to increase the size of the view, I do the same thing. If i want to reduce a view that has been magnified, I hold the windows key down and press the large minus key at the same time. I never see the magnifier icon on the game screen, but the size of the display will increase or decrease as i use the controls as described above. Perhaps you have already tried this. I cannot think of anything else to add.

I wish you the best of luck in getting the magnifier to work with this game.
I concur!... to..."not seeing the 'Magnifier Icon' on the game screen . "With" or "without" 'Magnifier' working or not...pressing the '+' or '-' keyboard buttons will still increase or decrease the size of the display...but!...only to a certain limited extent. That's why I wanted 'Magnifier'... so that I could drastically increase the size of the display as required.

Your "Input" is "appreciated"...now it's up to the 'Concerned-Developer' as to whether this disconcerting perplexity! (to me anyway's) will be dealt with or not...who knows?.
Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Edorf »

I purchased FoG Empires from GOG but there`s no update available over there. I hope this don't indicate that updates for this version is only available through the updater in the launcher. Thought I should ask here because the GOG Empires forum is pretty dead.
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by vakarr »

I also have trouble with the tiny writing - usually when I have been playing for too long and really should be asleep!! I did get the magnifier to work by having two screens and having the magnified view on the other screen. The magnifier has three settings and you have to choose what mode you like to have it on. The magnifier is a bit clunky in the way it works, thanks for the windows + and windows - options!
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

We tried on our side the magnifier and it is working. Also does it works outside of the game? If no, then the culprit is not the game but something else in Windows.

GOG should be updated yes, if you click on the patch notes button of the launcher, do you see the notes for 1.02?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Edorf »

Pocus wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:50 pm
GOG should be updated yes, if you click on the patch notes button of the launcher, do you see the notes for 1.02?
What I meant is that there`s no offline patch available over at GOG. The game installer is still at 1.0.1. Anyways I play my games on my offline computer and also prefer offline patches. That`s the main reason I buy my games on either GOG or Matrix\Slitherine. Maybe I did a mistake when I bought the game from GOG and not directly from Slitherine.

Return to “News & Announcements”