Fantasy General II - Dev Diary 6 - Magic!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Fantasy General II - Dev Diary 6 - Magic!

Post by AlbertoC »

It's time for our sixth video dev diary of Fantasy General II!

Lead designer Jan Wagner is back to tell us about magic, spells and what role they will play in the upcoming game.

As usual, do let us know what you think on our social or on the forum!

Fantasy General II Social media:

- Discord
- Facebook
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Fantasy General II - Dev Diary 6 - Magic!

Post by Retributarr »

Game Menu "Option-Selections":

Could there be a possibility to select various 'Game-Features'...to either...turn them 'Off' or 'On'?. For example...say I decided to choose to have the 'Magic' feature removed from my Game-Play-Session', or some other feature perhaps added or also another Game-Feature removed...would I be able to do so in this game?.

This Gaming-Option has already been discussed for PzCrps2. I still don't know if it will be implemented.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I don't see any way we could remove magic from the game as its a core part of the game. It's like saying you want to remove air units from Panzer Corps. What is it you're trying to achieve?
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Yeah, in original FG, all generals had magic, in different ways (my prefered was the healing wave, even able to be used offensivly, to heal a massive assault and continue it to prevent ennemy to flee or to heal, this strategical lone healing won many games: the clerical overrun!). One who doesn't like this has to play other game or mod their own FG2, but I guess it will be for private use as very few would want to use it.

Return to “News & Announcements”