Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Come and talk with the devs on the Discord server of Fantasy General II

Post by AlbertoC »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am
AlbertoC wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am We have no intention whatsoever to neglect the Fantasy General II forum on Slitherine.
We will post here and reply, just as we do on Discord.
It's just two different media: one is a forum, the other is a chat, so they will be used in a different manner.
Thanks, and just to digress slightly, can anybody tell me what the difference is between the Matrix forum and the Slitherine forum?
Why are there two forums?
Slitherine and Matrix, while still being the same company, are two different brands. It makes sense, if only just because the catalogue is rather big, to have two different forums.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Retributarr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:03 pm
AlbertoC wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:10 am We have no intention whatsoever to neglect the Fantasy General II forum on Slitherine.

We will post here and reply, just as we do on Discord.

It's just two different media: one is a forum, the other is a chat, so they will be used in a different manner.
Ok!...great stuff!, now... before "I/we-all" can come up with any possible suggestions...or game idea's...or critiques...we would need to have more "Input' dealing with the details of the game story (where/ & what are the limits/extent or boundaries of whatever paths/directions one can take ).

Game-character attribute limits need to be clearly understood/ known, such as for an example in "PanzerCorps"...we know the explicit functionality/capability of each and every unit on the unit roster. In other words...we know exactly how they will function...in regard's to what they can,,,or cannot do.

Just...for an example'...can some types of ground unit's have the capability to be 'Air-Transported' by 'Dragons'?. So!, such detailed particular specializations or attributes are also in the 'Need to Know' basis...not hidden away from us in some 'Known/Un-Known' category.

Finally...to sum up!,...I/we need to know where we stand...before we can step forward...and walk!.

Edited Edition:

http://www.slitherine.com/news/2819/Fan ... announced!
Excerpts from Web-Page:

Each unit comes with their specific abilities, arms and armour, and they can be equipped with magic artefacts you find during battle and upgraded with gold and resources that you need to plunder from your enemy.

their fertile river valleys and deep woods where witches and monsters still roam free; from the Sunken Land, submerged through a great Cataclysm and filled with treacherous swamp and Lizardfolk, to the refined and temperate Empire to the South, home to wondrous cities and built upon undead labour
----------------------------------
What capabities do witches have?, Monsters, "Lounge"-Lizards, & Undead Labour?.
We are going to post more and more about the game :)

Today we are starting a series of units focus posts, and we are going to post them twice a week. We are also going to be posting weekly news about Fantasy General II, dev diaries and such.

We hope that it will answer your questions, and if anything it will give you guys something to discuss or speculate on.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

Well, if you could join the beta, that would help you understand the details. We will also do dev vlogs and release more info on the game as time goes by. :)
Making Fantasy General 2
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 am .. just to digress slightly, can anybody tell me what the difference is between the Matrix forum and the Slitherine forum?
Why are there two forums?
AlbertoC wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 am Slitherine and Matrix, while still being the same company, are two different brands. It makes sense, if only just because the catalogue is rather big, to have two different forums.
It's confusing because having two forums splits up the community into 2 separate parts who don't interact with each other so surely that can't be a good thing?
I mean, if I post something here in the Slitherine community, I don't have the time or inclination to go and post it in the Matrix forum too, why should I?
Likewise, stuff posted by people over in the Matrix community won't be seen by us in the Slitherine community.
I don't know of any other gaming forum on the net that's got two separate forums for the same products, they have just one forum where everything is conveniently housed under one roof..:)

PS- you mentioned that the catalogue is "rather big", but I see that a lot of the products have got "Discontinued" tags, so if you chop out all that dead wood it'd make the catalogue smaller..:)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Well, I am sure forum content could be migrated and merged into one https phpBB system if the appetite for it was there...
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

For all newer games there is only a single forum on one site or the other, the links on the other site simply shortcut to the actual forum. Some older games did have dual forums, which was definitely an issue. But now there is just a single forum per game.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:24 pmFor all newer games there is only a single forum on one site or the other, the links on the other site simply shortcut to the actual forum. Some older games did have dual forums, which was definitely an issue. But now there is just a single forum per game.
I'm still not sure I understand. Personally if I was in charge I'd delete the Matrix forum completely and save on hosting fees as it serves no useful purpose as far as I can see, and just splits and confuses the community.
I mean, if you had two girlfriends and wanted to lavish your full undivided love, attention and money on just one of them, you'd ditch the other..:)
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:31 pm
pipfromslitherine wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:24 pmFor all newer games there is only a single forum on one site or the other, the links on the other site simply shortcut to the actual forum. Some older games did have dual forums, which was definitely an issue. But now there is just a single forum per game.
I'm still not sure I understand. Personally if I was in charge I'd delete the Matrix forum completely and save on hosting fees as it serves no useful purpose as far as I can see, and just splits and confuses the community.
I mean, if you had two girlfriends and wanted to lavish your full undivided love, attention and money on just one of them, you'd ditch the other..:)
Setting aside the sheer number of games and the fact the communities are quiet different, it's also a huge task to try and convert one forum into another format (retaining all the huge amount of obscure knowledge accumulated for some games) - all just to make the forums more unwieldy.

Be sure we want to update the forums, but combining them is unlikely to make it a better experience for the majority of players.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “News & Announcements”