Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #9

Post by Teku »

He said the next Dev dairy would be in april
and based on his last announcement implying they would showcase footage of PC2's beta testing, it might be related to that
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Teku wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:04 pm He said the next Dev dairy would be in april
and based on his last announcement implying they would showcase footage of PC2's beta testing, it might be related to that
The beta has not started yet. Next Monday you will see footage from the current internal version of the game. We are still 100% busy with preparing this demo, so the new dev diary will be published after HoW event.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by proline »

Rudankort wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:33 pm
Teku wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:04 pm He said the next Dev dairy would be in april
The beta has not started yet. Next Monday you will see footage from the current internal version of the game. We are still 100% busy with preparing this demo, so the new dev diary will be published after HoW event.
Next Monday as in April 1 (aka this Monday) or April 8 (aka next Monday)?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

proline wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:27 am Next Monday as in April 1 (aka this Monday) or April 8 (aka next Monday)?
April 8th, as was announced by Slitherine here.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

I've just checked my mail account. Thanks, Slitherine! I've been accepted into beta! :D
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:18 am I've just checked my mail account. Thanks, Slitherine! I've been accepted into beta! :D
Unfortunately, we had to turn down your beta application. It came to our attention your system requirements are too low. Please upgrade your memory first.
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

how do you apply to that?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:18 am I've just checked my mail account. Thanks, Slitherine! I've been accepted into beta! :D
april-fools-day-2.jpg
april-fools-day-2.jpg (41.18 KiB) Viewed 8725 times
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

....i actually forgot what day it was. Im not getting enough sleep X.X
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Teku wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm ....i actually forgot what day it was. Im not getting enough sleep X.X
? Might be..."because'...you might have been doing...'that'..."Heavy-Swagger-Stagger-With-That-Lager"!!!.
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

more like just playing a LOT of PC1 and War Thunder
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

uran21 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am It came to our attention your system requirements are too low. Please upgrade your memory first.
As we are on the topic already (while I get the note about April Fools' Day), what will be the minimum and recommended system requirements for PzC2 (i.e. CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD)?

I recall Rudankort mentioned something about ongoing optimization work but maybe some information could be already shared, even just beta requirements, if possible, please. Thanks!
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm
uran21 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am It came to our attention your system requirements are too low. Please upgrade your memory first.
As we are on the topic already (while I get the note about April Fools' Day), what will be the minimum and recommended system requirements for PzC2 (i.e. CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD)?

I recall Rudankort mentioned something about ongoing optimization work but maybe some information could be already shared, even just beta requirements, if possible, please. Thanks!
Is SSD important to play video games ?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

terminator wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:13 am
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Is SSD important to play video games ?
Not that much, I just like well-balanced/rounded systems (without typial bottlenecks), so the hard drive is part of this for me... I guess SSD response times won't matter that much for PzC (turn-based)... well, call it HDD size if you like... :D

Maybe one more thing to add that some modders might want to know: are the requirements for the scenario editor different in any way, i.e. to be able to run it smoothly?
Teku
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Teku »

That reminds me, i remember it being said it would be more mod friendly that its predecessor. So if it gets a steam release, will it be more user friendly so it can use steam modding?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Teku wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:51 am That reminds me, i remember it being said it would be more mod friendly that its predecessor. So if it gets a steam release, will it be more user friendly so it can use steam modding?
On the mods, being able to install and run mods easily (or just easier than currently) might also be relevant.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:08 pm Yes, if there's one single defining moment at which Germany lost the war, it must surely be when Hitler brought the full wrath of Uncle Sam on his head-
WIKI- "On 11 December 1941, four days after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Nazi Germany declared war against the United States"

Churchill was over the moon and said- "Before America entered the war, I knew we could not win it. After she entered I knew we could not lose"
While Churchill is probably right (the UK could not hope to defeat Nazi Germany alone and could not fail to defeat it once the US joins), and I do understand why this thinking is popular with Americans, the thing is that the Red Army could and did defeat Germany.

Sure, the facts Germany had to watch their western and southern fronts, and that the Soviets got Allied aid, are true. But the question who would have won on the Eastern Front in some white room scenario where you simply cut away the Western Allies entirely is too theoretical to be interesting.

At the very least Germany was twice defeated before the fact - once when they declared war on the US and once simply by the USSR's mere existence (since historians seem to agree Stalin would have DOWd Germany if Hitler didn't beat him to it).

So where does this leave us?

Had the US stayed out of the war... had the UK stayed out of the war... had Japan attacked Russia instead of the US... then maybe, just maybe... but it sure is a lot of maybes.

Luckily all you need to reverse history in Panzer General/Corps is a decent fleet of Tiger II tanks :)
proline

Post by proline »

Molve wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:09 pm
PoorOldSpike wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:08 pm Yes, if there's one single defining moment at which Germany lost the war, it must surely be when Hitler brought the full wrath of Uncle Sam on his head-
WIKI- "On 11 December 1941, four days after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Nazi Germany declared war against the United States"

Churchill was over the moon and said- "Before America entered the war, I knew we could not win it. After she entered I knew we could not lose"
While Churchill is probably right (the UK could not hope to defeat Nazi Germany alone and could not fail to defeat it once the US joins), and I do understand why this thinking is popular with Americans, the thing is that the Red Army could and did defeat Germany.

Sure, the facts Germany had to watch their western and southern fronts, and that the Soviets got Allied aid, are true. But the question who would have won on the Eastern Front in some white room scenario where you simply cut away the Western Allies entirely is too theoretical to be interesting.

At the very least Germany was twice defeated before the fact - once when they declared war on the US and once simply by the USSR's mere existence (since historians seem to agree Stalin would have DOWd Germany if Hitler didn't beat him to it).

Had the US stayed out of the war... had the UK stayed out of the war... had Japan attacked Russia instead of the US... then maybe, just maybe... but it sure is a lot of maybes.

Luckily all you need to reverse history in Panzer General/Corps is a decent fleet of Tiger II tanks :)
Churchill had a way of speaking in absolutes that glosses over a lot of the nuance. US involvement no doubt was a huge relief to him, but even without that all scenarios are bad for Germany.

Germany vs. British Empire Alone (no Russian invasion): This scenario is the most favorable to Germany, but the British Empire, which included Canada, NZ, SA, India, and Australia, still has the larger economy, complete control of the seas, and eventually air supremacy (because they can stream in unlimited aircraft and pilots from the Commonwealth Air Training Program whereas German air training was much more restricted). Sure, the UK alone might not have been able to successfully reoccupy Europe, but in that situation Germany is left isolated having to beg the USSR for necessities like food, rubber, and oil. How long would the nazis stay in power in that situation?

Germany vs. UK and USSR: This scenario is interesting if Germany beats the USSR, but they didn't. They were stopped long before the Americans had boot on the ground and their economic aid to Germany's enemies, which was their biggest contribution to the war in Europe, began before Germany declared war on them.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Molve wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:09 pm

I...for one, enjoy the standard WWII Game, but at the same time have an earnest longing to explore other possibilities/or even eventualities that could have...might have occurred!. Such as some of the topic discussion that has been discussed by you WWII Alternate History Theorist's.

Welcome to my NightMare!!!...ThankYou for Joining the MadHatters Club!!!...Hooraay!!!...

We definitely need the standard-regular-game, but...also...hopefully there will be some relief later on with added game expansions to test out these other theories/whimsical facinations...for us to explore!.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

proline wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 am Churchill had a way of speaking in absolutes that glosses over a lot of the nuance. US involvement no doubt was a huge relief to him, but even without that all scenarios are bad for Germany.

Germany vs. British Empire Alone (no Russian invasion): This scenario is the most favorable to Germany, but the British Empire, which included Canada, NZ, SA, India, and Australia, still has the larger economy, complete control of the seas, and eventually air supremacy (because they can stream in unlimited aircraft and pilots from the Commonwealth Air Training Program whereas German air training was much more restricted). Sure, the UK alone might not have been able to successfully reoccupy Europe, but in that situation Germany is left isolated having to beg the USSR for necessities like food, rubber, and oil. How long would the nazis stay in power in that situation?
I don't know, I don't really see any particular advantage to the British Empire, or how Germany would have to beg the USSR for necessities. Germany was basically in control of all of continental Europe. Apart from the Soviet Union, which I don't think would have been particularly interested in truly taking on Germany on their own (Stalin was an opportunist, he would pounce on a weakness, not go out of his way to carry the biggest burden), everyone else was either occupied by Germany, allied to Germany or neutral with a stance not to anger Hitler. There wasn't a real chance for anyone to starve Germany of resources, especially food. The Soviet Union could have made an impact in terms of oil, but for what possible reason would they have tried to cut the flow of resources? That only would have made them a target, something Stalin tried very hard to avoid. By early 1941, there wasn't really a way to isolate Germany or starve them like in WW1, not with how the situation looked like in Europe.

Air Supremacy depends on the situation at hand. Germany had issues in the Battle iof Britain due to having to travel over the channel, having little operational time left there and losing every plane and pilot that crashed there, while Britain had all that working in its favour. But when Britain tried to turn the tables and itself send planes over the channel, they encountered the same issues and saw lopsided losses while German planes were having the advantage of operating near their bases. It was only when Germany was very busy in the east, that the Allies managed to gain an advantage in the air. And even that took quite some time. Without Germany being heavily occupied in the east, it would be very hard for the British to gain the upper hand over continental Europe. And without the heavy fighting in the east, and no particular need for Germany to go on all-out air offensives, they have the situational advantage.

As long as the Soviet Union stays neutral, the British don't really have much of a leg to stand on. US-involvement would certainly help securing the Atlantic, and maybe North Africa could be taken as well, but an invasion of continental Europe would be almost impossible to achieve. Germany would have way too many troops and planes for that to work out.

Return to “News & Announcements”