Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #16 'The Veterancy Update'

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #16 'The Veterancy Update'

Post by AlbertoC »

Her medals sat on the coffee table between them; dull, dusty.
“Do you miss it?”
Eleanor held her coffee close. The warmth was comforting, unlike this turn in the conversation. “Do I miss it? Do I miss watching my wingmen get shot out from my peripheral? Is that what you’re asking?”
“That’s not what I meant—”
“Do I miss the feeling of my blood draining down to my legs, so I’m borderlining blackout and near helpless while hundreds of bullets zip by?”
“I was hoping you’d talk about the thrill of a career as a—”
“The thrill of discovering a new hemorrhoid every other day because Fleet wouldn’t buy us proper g-suits? That’s the scoop you’re after.”
The journalist pushed a button on his notepad, and the screen dimmed. “Look, if this is a bad time, I can come back another day. Maybe next week.”
Eleanor snorted, and put her coffee down on the table. She knew exactly what he wanted; a romantic look back on the very worst parts of her life. He wasn’t interested in a real profile of a soldier. He wanted the propaganda of a war hero. She was reminded of something her old Leonid CAG used to say to her; you can’t recruit the targets until you convince them all they’re the gun.
She sighed, and wiped a drop of coffee from her Medal of Distinction. “Sure. Come back next week. Maybe the Cylons won’t have killed us all by then.”

The next Battlestar Galactica Deadlock update is currently in beta, and it has a name – The Veterancy Update!

Today we want to introduce one of the great new headline features that will be part of the update - the crew veterancy system.

In real life, as a team of people work together, they (generally) get better at what they do. It’s natural that practice and experience lead to improvements in the ability of a crew and the results they get.

In the Veterancy Update, a new campaign option will enable this effect to be modelled in the campaign. When active, crews will gain XP for a number events, such as surviving a battle or taking out an enemy ship. As the XP increases, the crew will gain levels that will give passive bonuses to some stats on the ship. Each class of ship will have a different set of boosted stats. For example, the Manticore gets bonuses to Max Speed and Turret Accuracy, whilst the Atlas receives improvements to Squadron Repairs and Damage Reduction.

Of course, it wouldn’t be fair if the Colonials were the only ones that had this particular upgrade. Any Cylon fleet that lasts long enough will also gain XP and get additional bonuses as well.

That’s an quick introduction to the new Crew Veterancy system, part of the Veterancy Update that is currently in beta and will be released shortly. We’ll give you an exact release date as soon as we can. Until next time, good hunting!
Viguier
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock - Dev Diary #16 'The Veterancy Update'

Post by Viguier »

I'm confronted to a difficulty, i can't launch mission 2, will this update solve this problem?
Banzai888
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Banzai888 »

The veterancy update is appreciated. But long waited leader boards for the xbox, like the PC version has would be more welcome. Thanks. Lack of leader boards has killed multiplayer on the xbox. Last few times I was in the multiplayer lobby on the xbox, the only thing I saw was tumble weeds.
GHawkins
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by GHawkins »

Banzai888 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:45 pm But long waited leader boards for the xbox, like the PC version has would be more welcome.
I'm afraid you have been misinformed. The PC has no leaderboards either. People use the Discord channel to organise multiplayer matches, admittedly mostly for PC. The game isn't really one where you open up a lobby and just wait, so that's the next best thing.
The aforementioned post is made in accordance with the canon where the Valkyrie-class is a modern battlestar which has no place in the first Cylon War timeline. So say we all.
Sidewinder963
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Sidewinder963 »

Hey guys,

New to this on PC had it on Xbox and I love it. Im just curious how do I download the update on steam ? Forgive my rookieness

Cheers.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

steam updates are automatic
Banzai888

Post by Banzai888 »

Ghawkins wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm
Banzai888 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:45 pm But long waited leader boards for the xbox, like the PC version has would be more welcome.
I'm afraid you have been misinformed. The PC has no leaderboards either. People use the Discord channel to organise multiplayer matches, admittedly mostly for PC. The game isn't really one where you open up a lobby and just wait, so that's the next best thing.
Thanks for replying to me about Leaderboards. I am really stunned that any company would spend so much effort and make a great game (its really good), and then not add something so simple like a leaderboard. All the best online multiplayer games have leaderboards, it really promotes people to keep playing and try and improve there win loss records and bragging rights with friends. I just assumed PC would have a leaderboard as its such a simple thing that adds so much longevity to a game.

Return to “News & Announcements”