Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg is out!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Victory or Death! Order of Battle: Endsieg is out!

Post by bru888 »

dhunth5 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:37 am I also had the graphics issues others have noted. In addition after installing Endsieg, I found that the SandStorm DLC would not load. Downloading and running the v7.14 Installer from the members area cleared up both these issues. I also have encountered the same issue others have noted with the Battle of Britain mod not working after doing the update. The main screen loads but the Single Player choice does not operate, the rest of the choices on the menu work. Any ideas?
Graphics and BofB have been reported in Tech Support. I just tested my own Sandstorm DLC and found the same problem. I'll have to go with the uninstall/reinstall method. I'll report back when I am done.
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

bru888 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:00 am
dhunth5 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:37 am I also had the graphics issues others have noted. In addition after installing Endsieg, I found that the SandStorm DLC would not load. Downloading and running the v7.14 Installer from the members area cleared up both these issues. I also have encountered the same issue others have noted with the Battle of Britain mod not working after doing the update. The main screen loads but the Single Player choice does not operate, the rest of the choices on the menu work. Any ideas?
Graphics and BofB have been reported in Tech Support. I just tested my own Sandstorm DLC and found the same problem. I'll have to go with the uninstall/reinstall method. I'll report back when I am done.
Yup, you are absolutely right, dhunth5! The patch is faulty and a clean program reinstall is best. Thanks. I posted my results here in Tech Support: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.4

So graphics issues and the problem with Sandstorm can be resolved that way. However, Battle of Britain is still broken. That seems to happen with every new patch for some reason. The developers have always fixed it, though, and that's good because BofB is a gem, one of a kind.
- Bru
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

Mac version works fine for me. However it was quite difficult to find the latest version. OoB Version 7.1.4 only available on Matrix FTP site. Once I updated to latest version the Endsieg icon was visible, entered serial # and works perfectly fine no issues.
arso96
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by arso96 »

Hello, and thanks for the thread
I am a long time Order Of Battle fan of average experience/ skill in strategy games. I hope that I can provide valuable feedback to the company as to their latest DLC which I was looking forward to and found it disappointing. As per the information Endseig or end-victory is the latest DLC for Order Of Battle. It adds a new campaign, new units and finishes off the seig series. I was a very big fan of Blitzkreig but certainly not of Panzerkreig and certainly not Endseig, So what did I not like about it? Like Panzerkreig you are 'winning' battles only to have the plot armor of the story throw you back into a historical position such as winning in Paris sees you retreat ect. in the later scenarios. Lots of defense only missions without much customization or tactics to use other then 'stop the large horde. (Yes I understand you are fighting the Soviet Union and fighting off an invasion but the Winter War DLC did this without feeling like such a choree.
I expected big things after Sandstorm but instead I just got bland stuff that is see it done it played it a million times, boring defense missions with little real variation. I hope the makers of this game can take this feedback into account and keep making great DLC like Sandstorm.
Best regards
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

arso96 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:40 am Hello, and thanks for the thread
I am a long time Order Of Battle fan of average experience/ skill in strategy games. I hope that I can provide valuable feedback to the company as to their latest DLC which I was looking forward to and found it disappointing. As per the information Endseig or end-victory is the latest DLC for Order Of Battle. It adds a new campaign, new units and finishes off the seig series. I was a very big fan of Blitzkreig but certainly not of Panzerkreig and certainly not Endseig, So what did I not like about it? Like Panzerkreig you are 'winning' battles only to have the plot armor of the story throw you back into a historical position such as winning in Paris sees you retreat ect. in the later scenarios. Lots of defense only missions without much customization or tactics to use other then 'stop the large horde. (Yes I understand you are fighting the Soviet Union and fighting off an invasion but the Winter War DLC did this without feeling like such a choree.
I expected big things after Sandstorm but instead I just got bland stuff that is see it done it played it a million times, boring defense missions with little real variation. I hope the makers of this game can take this feedback into account and keep making great DLC like Sandstorm.
Best regards
Could you write what exactly you don't like about this game? Because you've thrown a few generalities and we have to guess the rest.
You mean that the game is in your opinion too close to the historical reality, how would it look like?
Would it be only offensive missions and the number of enemies so small that you could win all the time? :wink:
I really don't understand what exactly you mean and I think that devs too.
Write about something specific then it will be easier to refer to them.
For example, I think that the game is too far from the historical line, I would prefer it to be a real operational simulator.
So you get the same forces as Montgomery, the same geographical and weather conditions, identical support of air force and an identical enemy, and you can check what you could achieve during the Battle of El Alamein. You will be better or worse than Monty... :) You see, and this is concrete.
Sorry but nothing results from your statement in my opinion...
bru888

Post by bru888 »

arso96 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:40 am Hello, and thanks for the thread
Best regards
Your opinion is valid but don't forget that there are history buffs playing this game who would object to a complete transformation of the historical record. As it is, the designers have been doing a good job of balancing that concern with providing scenarios and campaigns that can be won by the player. For example, I am currently looking closely at Burma Road and the guy there did a nice job of, early on, acknowledging that the Japanese were steamrolling Southeast Asia but certain tactical and strategic goals could still be accomplished, like evacuating in time or making them pay for their conquests. I am satisfied with the way this balance has been handled in OOB so far.
- Bru
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

nono12 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:55 pm Hello, I also had the same problem after updating the mod of the Battle of Britain, it does not function properly.
We hope to fix this in the next patch.

Return to “News & Announcements”