Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #5

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

koopanique
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #5

Post by koopanique »

ajknye_slith wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:43 am Looks great, any idea on a possible release date?

It has been confirmed that the game wouldn't release in 2018. I would guess it will release in second half of 2019.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

Prototypes should not be in my opinion used to raise new units, at least ahead of time. This kind of defeats the idea of a prototype. Being limited to just one unit seems great an unique and I would dare say that suddednly upgrading all tanks to Tigers by jsut getting a prorotype seems strange. However, perhpas this is a good path to introduce units that normaly would not be a part of the roster, such as Dornier Do 335? Let's say I get a prototype after a mission and would like to get more of these in the future. Perhpas the should be a prestige "unlock" option for such prototypes of units that otherwise are not historicaly produced in mass numbers? There are some great machines that could appear this way. Apart from the beforementioned Do 335 there's He 112, Me 264, Piaggio P.119, Semovente da 149/40 etc., the options are really numerous.

Also, it should help to offset some quote strange ideas from the orignial games. It always bugged my why Soviets have access to the tracked T-90 SPAAG, when clearly there was no such unit mass produced (unless I'm missing something important). Each time those things harassed my air force I felt it's a bit undeserved as they were there only because of game balance purposes.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

UH_OH Where did the dev diaries go?

This does not bode well for this game
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Yeah, the last Dev Diary got released on March 6...

Now I am hoping for May 4... so may the force be with us then... oh wait, it will be a Saturday, so maybe not... :(
Last edited by PeteMitchell on Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Hi guys!

There is indeed a delay with the new dev diary, and I'm sorry for that. As we've got this coming, I'm spending all the time I have preparing for that. The good news is, this stream on the 6th of May is going to be huge and very dense with information, plus I'm going to participate in it via Skype and answer all questions personally. So make sure you don't miss it. :)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm Hi guys!

There is indeed a delay with the new dev diary, and I'm sorry for that. As we've got this coming, I'm spending all the time I have preparing for that. The good news is, this stream on the 6th of May is going to be huge and very dense with information, plus I'm going to participate in it via Skype and answer all questions personally. So make sure you don't miss it. :)
Oh this is great, thanks!

Do you think you will be able to share some indicative ranges on minimum/recommended system requirements already as well, please?

At this stage, I mean just for your standard PzC2 game incl. planned DLCs… not for any big mods/maps like McGuba’s Battlefield Europe, of course… ;)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rudankort wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:18 pm Hi guys!

Great News indeed, you had me on the announcement of gameplay. Any thoughts on when Beta testers will get a chance to test?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “News & Announcements”