Rise of Persia will come with a free update (Praetorian Guard and Peltasts incoming)

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Rise of Persia will come with a free update (Praetorian Guard and Peltasts incoming)

Post by Daniele »

Rise of Persia – the upcoming DLC for Field of Glory II – won’t just feature a tremendous collection of Army Lists from the factions of the period. As always, the DLC’s release will come with a free update improving many elements of the entire franchise, ranging from gameplay mechanics to AI behaviour.

But this time, the update is way juicier than ever. Some of you have asked about the lack of any direct reference to Praetorian Guard units and Peltasts in any Army Lists available. Well, your requests have been answered.

Rise of Persia will add - to the regular game and the other DLCs as well – units like the Praetorian Guard, Praetorian Guard (Late), Greek Peltasts, Thracian Peltasts, Massed Thracian Peltasts, Thracian Spearmen, and several other new units for free! These new units are part of a major army list overhaul affecting Greek, Thracian, 1st-3rd century AD Roman, Sassanid, Parthian, Indo-Parthian, Kushan and Byzantine army lists.

Kudos to the developer for this great work!

Look at the screenshots below!

Get more information about Rise of Persia from its official product page

76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Rise of Persia will come with a free update (Praetorian Guard and Peltasts incoming)

Post by 76mm »

So, will there be any way to get these extra units without this DLC? Maybe in the next DLC? Would love to have these units but the period for Rise of Persia have never appealed to me at all...
MVP7
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Rise of Persia will come with a free update (Praetorian Guard and Peltasts incoming)

Post by MVP7 »

Great looking units and thank you very much for expanding the old content!

@76mm, As far as I know the new units are automatically added to the effected army lists. You don't need to buy the new dlc to "unlock" units in the army lists from other modules.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

MVP7 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 pm @76mm, As far as I know the new units are automatically added to the effected army lists. You don't need to buy the new dlc to "unlock" units in the army lists from other modules.
Thanks, but honestly the wording of the post above is a bit confusing: "Rise of Persia will add - to the regular game and the other DLCs as well – units like the Praetorian Guard, Praetorian Guard (Late), Greek Peltasts, Thracian Peltasts, Massed Thracian Peltasts, Thracian Spearmen, and several other new units for free!

The wording makes it sounds like Rise of Persia itself, rather than an accompanying free patch, will add the units, but maybe I'm reading it wrong. I hope so because I'll probably pass on this DLC, just don't care for this period...
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Ah wording might be confusing indeed.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

MVP7 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:44 pm Great looking units and thank you very much for expanding the old content!

@76mm, As far as I know the new units are automatically added to the effected army lists. You don't need to buy the new dlc to "unlock" units in the army lists from other modules.
That is correct
Richard Bodley Scott

76mm

Post by 76mm »

Great news, thanks much, look forward to these.
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

Its a great notice see army list receive new units, here maybe i prefer have more complete-versatile armies over have a ton of them but with limited options

Return to “News & Announcements”