Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire announced!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire announced!

Post by Daniele »

Centuries before the Rise of Rome, the Ancient World saw the confrontation between the City-States in Greece and the mighty Achaemenid Persian Empire.

“Play your part in the epic events unfolding during this era, including the conquest of the Lydian Empire (in western Asia Minor) by the expanding Achaemenid Persian Empire, the Persian Wars, in which the Greeks of mainland Greece defeated two Persian invasions, the subsequent wars between the victorious Greek city states, the development of a new military system by Philip II of Macedon, his conquest of Greece, the invasion and conquest of the Persian Empire by his son Alexander the Great, and his campaigns beyond Persia into India.”

Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire brings you 8 new factions (Achaemenid Persians, Etruscans, Antigonos, Lysimachos, Spartans, Latins, Lydians, Kyrenean Greeks, Thessalian Greeks), 10 new units (including the fearsome Persian Immortals) and 30 new army lists!

In addition, this expansion brings 4 new historically-based campaigns and one what-if campaign: Alexander the Great (what he might have done next if he had not died in 323 BC).

Will you rewrite history? Chose your faction and shape the fate of your people!

Get more information about the game from its official Product Page

jamespcrowley
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Field of Glory II: Immortal Fire announced!

Post by jamespcrowley »

Yeah!
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

Awesome to see this coming so soon.
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

This is great...

Why not the battle at Thermopylae? I am sure i am not the only who would like this. Last time i played that battle was in Spartan.
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Barrold713 »

This makes me happy
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

anguille wrote:This is great...

Why not the battle at Thermopylae? I am sure i am not the only who would like this. Last time i played that battle was in Spartan.
Thermopylae has already been done
anguille

Post by anguille »

zakblood_slith wrote:
anguille wrote:This is great...

Thermopylae has already been done
Oh my...i have yet to install the base game (have the book Edition). Shame on me :oops:

Didn't see it was included.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

:mrgreen:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (263.84 KiB) Viewed 88085 times
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=80329

list of modders / user content etc ^^
NikiforosFokas
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by NikiforosFokas »

My dear Zakblood i think anguille was referring to the most know battle of Thermopules between Greeks (Spartians & Thespians) and Xerses :)
For Byzantium!!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

NikiforosFokas wrote:My dear Zakblood i think anguille was referring to the most know battle of Thermopules between Greeks (Spartians & Thespians) and Xerses :)
Yes, my scenario covers the later battle of Thermopylae in 279 BC between the Greeks and the invading Galatians. Exactly the same place, but different armies, and two hundred and one years later! There was actually many battles at Thermopylae, it being on the main invasion route into southern Greece, there was another well known one in 191 BC between the Romans and Seleucids, and I am sure there were others too.

I am sure someone will do the famous 480 BC battle, I was possibly going to do it myself, but I doubt I will have the time now. But if someone wants to borrow my 279 BC map to use with the new armies that are coming with Immortal Fire, they would be most welcome.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

Great! I have the book from the TT game. Mind you every time I see the term "faction" used for historical armies/nations I shudder! :(

While the list above has Spartans - what about the rest of the Greeks, Athenians, Thebans, etc. In the TT book there was a Classical Greek army list (faction if you must) that covered all the city states, Spartans included. How is this going to work in FOGII?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

edb1815 wrote:While the list above has Spartans - what about the rest of the Greeks, Athenians, Thebans, etc. In the TT book there was a Classical Greek army list (faction if you must) that covered all the city states, Spartans included. How is this going to work in FOGII?
The following Greek lists are included.

- Greek 550-461 BC (this covers the Athenians, Thebans etc.)
- Greek 460-281 BC (this covers the Athenians, Thebans etc.)
- Kyrenean Greek 550-461 BC
- Kyrenean Greek 460-322 BC
- Spartan 550-461 BC
- Spartan 460-281 BC
- Syracusan 421-281 BC
- Thessalian 404-353 BC
Richard Bodley Scott

NikiforosFokas

Post by NikiforosFokas »

Paul59 wrote:
NikiforosFokas wrote:My dear Zakblood i think anguille was referring to the most know battle of Thermopules between Greeks (Spartians & Thespians) and Xerses :)
Yes, my scenario covers the later battle of Thermopylae in 279 BC between the Greeks and the invading Galatians. Exactly the same place, but different armies, and two hundred and one years later! There was actually many battles at Thermopylae, it being on the main invasion route into southern Greece, there was another well known one in 191 BC between the Romans and Seleucids, and I am sure there were others too.
Yes there were many battles there :wink: Maybe the less know of them is one between Athenians and the Goths in late roman period (3rd cen.).
For Byzantium!!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

my bad i didn't know there was more than one, ah well, maybe someone will, or the developer may, who's to know what the future brings :oops:
edb1815

Post by edb1815 »

rbodleyscott wrote:
edb1815 wrote:While the list above has Spartans - what about the rest of the Greeks, Athenians, Thebans, etc. In the TT book there was a Classical Greek army list (faction if you must) that covered all the city states, Spartans included. How is this going to work in FOGII?
The following Greek lists are included.

- Greek 550-461 BC (this covers the Athenians, Thebans etc.)
- Greek 460-281 BC (this covers the Athenians, Thebans etc.)
- Kyrenean Greek 550-461 BC
- Kyrenean Greek 460-322 BC
- Spartan 550-461 BC
- Spartan 460-281 BC
- Syracusan 421-281 BC
- Thessalian 404-353 BC
Thanks I just went to the product page and saw the list! (I was thrown off by that bloody WH40k "faction" word :wink: )

Needless to say Immortal Fire is on my purchase list!
cyrano
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by cyrano »

Give it.
anguille

Post by anguille »

Indeed...this is the battle i was referring to when i saw the inclusion of the new nations and some key battles of the same war. :wink:
Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 »

This is really good news. Hopefully among the new models to be included with the module will be.

Howdahless elephant with Pikemen astride, Late Period Egyptian Infantry with oblong shield and spear, and 2 and 4 horsed Greek/Etruscan/Punic Chariots ?

Will buy on the day it comes out for sure.
Megadyptes
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Megadyptes »

Nice. I'll be getting this.
grumblefish

Post by grumblefish »

YES! The best expansion pack, and it's the first released. FOG II is great stuff.

Can we see what the Greek army list looks like, please? I am especially interested in the Spartan army list. Wondering if Hippeis are a separate 0/1 choice, or if we just assume Hippeis are a veteran hoplite unit with a general attached (which would make it equiv. of elite). Also, curious whether skiritae are in, their stats, and what allies are included.

FOG 2 doesn't seem to have allied army lists, so I am curious how that will all work. Also, in the pictures I see that some of the armoured citizen hoplites are "below average" quality; if these people really are citizens of their polis and they are able to afford a full panoply, then why would they be below average? Seems they should be at least average.

Also, love this: "...new historically-based campaigns: Xenophon..."
If we're getting a quality campaign based on Xenophon's Anabasis, then this is an amazing expansion. Please do a great job on this campaign and try to improve the engine if possible. Of the pre-made campaigns, I only played the Mithridates one and felt it was severely lacking in almost every way. I like playing short, randomly generated campaigns, but a good pre-made one is far superior if the author can depict and quote the primary source material, and give the player meaningful, plausible choices that affect the game.

Anyway, for the second expansion pack, please do an Ancient China one. :lol:

Return to “News & Announcements”