Field of Glory 2 Reveals new Screenshots!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory 2 Reveals new Screenshots!

Post by Daniele »

We have received a bunch of new screenshots showing some intense fighting more closely!

Thanks to these images, you can have a clear vision of the amount of details developers at Byzantine Games are putting into Field of Glory 2!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC. Which allows you to fight large or small battles for or against Rome, or between the other nations who are as yet unaware of the Roman threat, or what-if battles between nations that never actual came into conflict historically, but might have if the course of history had been different.

Get more information about the game from its official product page!

pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Re: Field of Glory 2 Reveals new Screenshots!

Post by pomakli »

İt looks fantastic...

:shock:
VegasOZ
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by VegasOZ »

Please release this game "as is" and allow us to purchase it and provide feedback through the beta stages. I simply MUST HAVE THIS GAME and MUST HAVE IT NOW. Let is take part by early purchase with the proviso that the game is under development. I'm totally excited by this title, it looks awesome and we NEED IT NOW...
Paez55
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Paez55 »

Yes, looks good so far!!!
GDod
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by GDod »

Old figure wargamers will love the similarity to the tabletop figures and terrain features...well painted by the way...congrats
Geoffrey.P.Smith
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Geoffrey.P.Smith »

A PC version of Field of Glory that looks as good as the tabletop game, excellent! Do I need to buy a PC to run it or will it eventually come out for mac?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Geoffrey.P.Smith wrote:A PC version of Field of Glory that looks as good as the tabletop game, excellent! Do I need to buy a PC to run it or will it eventually come out for mac?
There are currently no plans to release it for Mac.
Richard Bodley Scott

MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeMarchant »

Geoffrey.P.Smith wrote:A PC version of Field of Glory that looks as good as the tabletop game, excellent! Do I need to buy a PC to run it or will it eventually come out for mac?
You should be able to be able to run it on a PC emulator, like Parallels, on a Mac, Geoffrey. You'd need to buy Parallels and Windows, but it would save buying another computer.

I used to run Windows (as well as OSX) on my Mac with the most demanding applications and games without a problem.

Best Wishes

Mike
HobbesACW
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by HobbesACW »

Looks fantastic! A must buy.

P.S. any books that people would recommend that cover the period of the game?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

HobbesACW wrote:Looks fantastic! A must buy.

P.S. any books that people would recommend that cover the period of the game?
"Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars" by Duncan Head. Wargames Research Group. Long out of print but can be found. Authoritative and covers the whole of this period in detail.
Richard Bodley Scott

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 »

HobbesACW there is Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars, by Duncan Head, new and revised 2016 edition available on Amazon UK for about GBP 25.00-35.00, and 2nd handcopies of the original offered for 20.00.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

timmy1 wrote:HobbesACW there is Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars, by Duncan Head, new and revised 2016 edition available on Amazon UK for about GBP 25.00-35.00, and 2nd handcopies of the original offered for 20.00.
I did not realise it was back in print. Certainly a must buy - it is the wargaming bible for this era.

I would note, however, that there are other interpretations regarding the role and battlefield equipment of thureophoroi.

http://lukeuedasarson.com/Iphikrates1.html
http://lukeuedasarson.com/Iphikrates2.html

I found Luke Ueda-Sarson's analysis compelling, and the representation of thureophoroi in FOG2 follows his interpretation. (i.e Thureophoroi were usually deployed as "hoplites-lite" and did not carry javelins as well as spear in battle. Sometimes they were deployed as light troops - Euzonoi - when they would carry javelins but not spear).

The 4th unit from the right and the ones in reserve on the other side of battlefield (the ones with yellow shields) in the top screenshot are thureophoroi, and the second from the right (the one with red shields) is of thorakitai - which are thureophoroi with metal body armour.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “News & Announcements”