Order of Battle: Pacific is available now!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Pacific is available now!

Post by Daniele »

Finally it is here! Order of Battle: Pacific lands today on the shores of our stores and it looks great, with a vast array of gameplay innovations! Today you have the chance to command naval, air and land units of both factions in the game during two massive and dynamic campaigns, and in a set of scenarios for cooperative and versus multiplayer games either local or by Internet!

Order of Battle: Pacific offers a deep and challenging strategic experience in a WW2 Theater of Operations that is rarely covered. Only commanders able to select the right units from among the 500 available and plan several moves ahead of his opponent will have a chance to survive in the bloody waters of the Pacific Ocean!

We are going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who buys a copy of the game from the Matrix Games or Slitherine store, once the game is available on this digital platform!

Grab the game here

And don’t forget to give a look to the minisite!

Set in Pacific theater of WW2, Order of Battle: Pacific features playable campaigns for both the US-led Allies and the Japanese Empire. Starting from the attack on Pearl Harbor, the dynamic campaign system allows players to alter the course of history and even win the war as Japan in the fictional “what-if” conquest of Australia, or lead the Allied forces from the struggle at the beginning of the war to ultimate victory with the invasion of Japan.
paxuni
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Order of Battle: Pacific is available now!

Post by paxuni »

i just buy the game from slitherine ,and i wonder if i have to uninstall the beta before installing official release.

about steam key ,the game is available now on steam ,so i guess the steam key will be send during next week ?

thanks for the nice strategie games you made.
Galangalad
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Galangalad »

Yes, uninstall the game completely. Don't forget to delete all the folders e.g. in documents/mygames as well.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

paxuni wrote:i just buy the game from slitherine ,and i wonder if i have to uninstall the beta before installing official release.

about steam key ,the game is available now on steam ,so i guess the steam key will be send during next week ?

no, register your key in the site profile on the page called my page, then go to steam serials and it will make one here, i'll link you

http://www.slitherine.com/my_page

http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials
avisnigra67
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by avisnigra67 »

I've just received the email with the announcement of this new release, it sounds very interesting! Actually, will this game be available for iPad platform?
Thank you
Regards

R.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes but not as yet
1.jpg
1.jpg (52.41 KiB) Viewed 21335 times
other version to follow
avisnigra67

Post by avisnigra67 »

Ok, I also saw that but I wasn't sure at all, seeing still there's no purchase button for this option...
thank you very much :)
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

your welcome
MacUser
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by MacUser »

Would have been nice to let us know you were't releasing for mac a YEAR AGO !!!!
WTF ! Why lie about it? Bad business move. :evil:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi MacUser,

we are releasing on Mac! I understand the frustration of having to wait a bit longer but it will be worth it!

The game is built in Unity so the Mac version will not be a huge job but we want to properly test it and the team didn't have the bandwidth to support 2 betas simultaneously. We're hoping to get the beta kicked off soon and the release will follow from that. Apologies that you cant play the game today.
MacUser

Post by MacUser »

That doesn't help at all Iain.:roll:
I'm not waiting another year for the mac version.I'm done with it and I'm not buying games through Slitherine anymore either.
How deceiving to offer a game on cross platforms and not release it as promised.
You should have made it clear to the public what was really happening instead of just leading us on.
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

We have the game running on Mac, as you can see in this facebook post from April 9th :)

As Iain said, we couldn't handle the extra work setting up a Mac beta at the time but with the release out the way now it shouldn't be more then a few weeks from completion. You are very welcome to register for this beta test and play the game for free :wink:
MacUser

Post by MacUser »

Adherbal send me a link to the beta signup.
I offered a year ago several times to help beta test but was ignored.
paxuni
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by paxuni »

zakblood_slith wrote:
paxuni wrote:i just buy the game from slitherine ,and i wonder if i have to uninstall the beta before installing official release.

no, register your key in the site profile on the page called my page, then go to steam serials and it will make one here, i'll link you

thanks zakblood found it
but now i wonder if patch will come as fast in steam as with slitherine install ??

also a small feedback in campaign if u miss a secondary objectif as don't lose more than 1 aircraft and failed it, if you press retry after victory picture even you suceed every secondary obj , in campaign map it still show a green dot for failed a secondary objective.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

MacUser we' were not ready for any feedback so thanks for the offer but we were not ready. We will be very soon!
adherbal
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats

Post by adherbal »

Adherbal send me a link to the beta signup.
I offered a year ago several times to help beta test but was ignored.
Not ignored, we just haven't started yet :) Our plan - as developer - is to focus on Mac & iPad next week when the storm of the initial release is settling. An announcement for the Mac beta test should go out shortly after.

It should be a very short test, because we're only doing it to make sure it runs on all kinds of Mac hardware.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I just hope all those guys I know from Panzer Corps Forum who worked on this project get their fair share of that $50.00 price tag on this game. Ouch! :shock:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

paxuni wrote:
zakblood_slith wrote:

thanks zakblood found it
but now i wonder if patch will come as fast in steam as with slitherine install ??

also a small feedback in campaign if u miss a secondary objectif as don't lose more than 1 aircraft and failed it, if you press retry after victory picture even you suceed every secondary obj , in campaign map it still show a green dot for failed a secondary objective.
patch time will be same tbh, auto on steam if you have it on, and manual at game start up of board version, so it all depends on which you what, auto or manual matter little to me, as if i'm playing it, steam or game will be on anyway :wink:
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

flakfernrohr wrote:I just hope all those guys I know from Panzer Corps Forum who worked on this project get their fair share of that $50.00 price tag on this game. Ouch! :shock:
I'm confused? The game is currently $36.99?
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Maybe I am confused instead. I went to the website and usually buy the hard disc version instead of a download. That is where I got the price. I am getting older, probably more careless and cranky, so that may explain it. A brain fart? :roll:
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?

Return to “News & Announcements”