Wargaming in Turkey

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Wargaming in Turkey

Post by dave_r »

Don't really know where best to put this - so I thought I'd put it here...

I spent a week in Turkey, which was largely a wargaming holiday. There were seven of us present for about a week and everybody played everybody else. This left plenty of time for sightseeing and the like.

The theme of the tournament was that we had to pick an army that fought in a 200 mile radius of Izmir. Which lead to some creative thinking (and arguments with the list checker....). I chose Later Mykenaean, the tournament was held using v2 rules, but I took along three sets of the rules to distribute to others and I did manage to get a game of v3 in Turkey. Almost certainly a first!

We were based around Izmir (I think the place was called Foca). Which was within an hour's drive of Ephesus and Pergamon. I made it to Pergamon, which is based up a massive great big hill. After getting stuck behind an old woman with three cows in the middle of the "main" road, we eventually made it to the top.

There was an artist's impression of what it will look like once it's finished

Near the venue itself, the scenery was slightly better than you'd expect around, let us say, Derby or Reading....

The usual suspects

I was forced to visit some old churches

I took photo's of two battles, which I will try to post as AAR's when I get the time.
Evaluator of Supremacy

Return to “Tournaments”