Illness at Roll Call

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Illness at Roll Call

Post by titanu »

Two stalwarts of the FoG community were taken ill at Roll Call. Dave Ruddock had a suspected heart attack which proved to be caused by a chest infection and Kev Ellis who got something caught in his throat during the Saturday night meal. Dave's illness was thought to be caused by a chest infection. Kev was going in for an operation on Sunday night. I am sure I can speak for the gaming community in whishing them both a speedy recovery.
Robert241167
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Illness at Roll Call

Post by Robert241167 »

Dave and Kev, I hope you both get well very soon. :cry:

Rob
quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by quackstheking »

Agreed Bob,

Best wishes to both Dave R and Kevin E.

Don (Roll Call Organiser))
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

It is a bit spooky that they were drawn to play one another!!!
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

titanu wrote:It is a bit spooky that they were drawn to play one another!!!
Dave was so scared of losing he collapsed the night before and Kev was so disgusted when he heard the news that he could have had an easy 25 points he choked on his mashed potato.

In all seriousness get well soon Kev
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark »

Wow. Hope everyone gets better.
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

Thanks to everybody who sent a message and passed on their best wishes - it's much appreciated and it does help.

I had fluid in my lungs, or pneumonia, which we believe caused my body to give up it's functional capacity on Friday. A few beers at the pub probably didn't help. Thanks to Phil for making sure I made it till Saturday.

I've been told I can't go to work for a couple of weeks and I can't go running for six weeks. So I've got some enforced inactivty on my time. The next time you see me at campaign I'll probably look like a barrage balloon...
Evaluator of Supremacy
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

dave_r wrote:The next time you see me at campaign I'll probably look like a barrage balloon...
Ah back to normal then!!
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Can't believe you're blaming beer. Blame me but leave poor innocent beer alone
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by grahambriggs »

dave_r wrote:Thanks to everybody who sent a message and passed on their best wishes - it's much appreciated and it does help.

I had fluid in my lungs, or pneumonia, which we believe caused my body to give up it's functional capacity on Friday. A few beers at the pub probably didn't help. Thanks to Phil for making sure I made it till Saturday.

I've been told I can't go to work for a couple of weeks and I can't go running for six weeks. So I've got some enforced inactivty on my time. The next time you see me at campaign I'll probably look like a barrage balloon...
You'll look like a monkey so no change. Glad you were back on your feet Saturday night mate to watch Newcastle lose. Not surprised you've enforced rest - your body needs to heal so don't be daft.
grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs »

titanu wrote:Two stalwarts of the FoG community were taken ill at Roll Call. Dave Ruddock had a suspected heart attack which proved to be caused by a chest infection and Kev Ellis who got something caught in his throat during the Saturday night meal. Dave's illness was thought to be caused by a chest infection. Kev was going in for an operation on Sunday night. I am sure I can speak for the gaming community in whishing them both a speedy recovery.
I know Dave is off the danger list but had not heard about Kev's problem until just now. Fingers crossed that the operation was a success and there's a full recovery.
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Take it easy Dave. Best wishes to Kevin for a full and speedy recovery.
Pete
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

grahambriggs wrote:You'll look like a monkey so no change.
Not after I took off all those sticky patches the hospital applied to me....
Evaluator of Supremacy
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

I could normally smile at Dave being in pain, but 8 electrode patches on his ridiculously hairy chest. Even I balked at the thought of those coming off. I may have even felt sorry for him
phil
madaxeman

Post by madaxeman »

dave_r wrote:Thanks to everybody who sent a message and passed on their best wishes - it's much appreciated and it does help.

Plenty of opportunity to update the rankings then....?
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
butcherboy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by butcherboy »

Get well soon Dave from all the guys in Plymouth.

Steve.
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

madaxeman wrote:

Plenty of opportunity to update the rankings then....?
They are up to date! Only got roll call and derby to do.
Evaluator of Supremacy

Return to “Tournaments”