UK Games Expo - 31st May - Looking for 1 extra player

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

UK Games Expo - 31st May - Looking for 1 extra player

Post by hammy »

There have been a couple of changes of play with the FoG and FoW events at theis year's Expo. Due to massive space pressure on the venue both events are now being held on the Sunday not one on each day as before.

Field of Glory will be a mixed FoG:R and FoG:AM event, I know it is a bit strange but the draw will ensure that FoG:R players play other FoG:R players and FoG:AM play FoG:AM. WIth 3 rounds it would be difficult to get an overall winner from 16 or so players anyway.

1st place goes to highest overall score, second to the highest from the other period.

Games will be 650 points on 5' by 3' tables.

If there is a consensus among players then themeing either or both periods is possible. I will need the agreement of all players entered at the point a theme is imposed though.

Bookings are now live on the Expo website: http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bookevents ... tegory=min

Remember you also have to pay to enter the Expo :( That said it is a really good event and this year will be the biggest and best so far.
spike
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: UK Games Expo - 31st May (N.B date change)

Post by spike »

Hammy
Would it help you if I could float between AM and R
Spike
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin

A fool and his money are soon elected.
Will Rogers

Pitty the fool!!!
Mr T
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

Hi Spike,

If you are happy to float that would be excellent. Enter the period you would prefer to play then if we end up with odd numbers you might need to swap to the other one on the day and I may have to step in and keep numbers even.

:EDIT:
OK, let's think about this again.

If the overall entries are even then I will obviously just do my organiser thing. Should that be the case then if numbers in each sub period are even you play in your preferred period, if numbers in sub periods are odd then you play the other.

If overall entries are odd I will play in one period (TBC) and then we go to the you needing to switch if the sub periods are odd thing again.

Either way it would be much appreciated if you are happy to float.
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

There are still places left for this tournament but not a huge number. If you are intending attending please consider getting your tickets sooner rather than later. Also remember that the booking system closes a fair time before the event happens.
davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda »

Hammy, whats the mix looking like
David
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

I am not sure what the mix is like but I know there are enough players in either period for the format to work.

The Expo organisers initially cut the number of places but as we had very nearly filled the allocation I talked nicely to them and there are now some more places available if people are interested.
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

The booking system closes on the 21st, if you want to enter please make sure you get the entry in before then.
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

The booking system closes at midnight tonight.

Last chance to get a ticket.
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Re: UK Games Expo - 31st May - Looking for 1 extra player

Post by hammy »

The booking system has now closed but if one other person wants to play and make my life easier then it can be catered for.

If you are interested in a last minute entry please let me know via hammy(at)periscopelive(dot)com

Return to “Tournaments”