Win10? Honestly?

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Win10? Honestly?

Post by Schweinewitz »

My exitement turned into disapointment when I read on the Steam page about the minimum requirements for this game.

Win10? Only over my dead body! :mrgreen:
mbpopolano24
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Win10? Honestly?

Post by mbpopolano24 »

Time to upgrade 8)
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

Win 10 is a perfectly fine platform.
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

the spec on the whole is high, so the overall game must be something special, look forward to seeing more
Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz »

zakblood wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:34 pm the spec on the whole is high, so the overall game must be something special, look forward to seeing more
Having high system requirements is not an indicator for a game being awsome.

Really hope the devs are successful in optimizing the game; I'll keep my fingers crossed.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Schweinewitz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 am
zakblood wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:34 pm the spec on the whole is high, so the overall game must be something special, look forward to seeing more
Having high system requirements is not an indicator for a game being awsome.

Really hope the devs are successful in optimizing the game; I'll keep my fingers crossed.
agreed, but it does point to a direction, taking out all the previous version of windows in one final swoop and then stating it as a medium to high spec pc for starters, does imply some kind of high end something imo, so still look forward to seeing and hearing more as also enjoyed the 1st version
AMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AMG »

Hi all, for the beta, the min OS requirement is Windows 10. However, the devs are working hard to improve the optimisation and support Windows 7 by the release date.

Thanks,

Adam
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the update, i was just going by the steam comments and req tbh
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM:
Processor: Dual Core 2,7 Ghz Intel iX 2xxx+ Or Ryzen 1xxx+
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1050 TI 4GB or Radeon RX560 4GB
Storage: 2 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Quad Core 3.2 Ghz Intel iX 2xxx+ or Ryzen 1xxx+
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX470 8GB
Storage: 2 GB available space
Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz »

AMG wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:40 am However, the devs are working hard to improve the optimisation and support Windows 7 by the release date.
Hurray! :D

Many thanks, and keep up the very promising looking work!
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

zakblood wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:47 am thanks for the update, i was just going by the steam comments and req tbh
Yes, these are set to the current standard for beta, we are working on getting them down :)
Making Fantasy General 2
uneducated
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by uneducated »

I tried to run the game on GNU+Linux using Steam. It would not permit it on the GNU+Linux platform, unfortunately. I hope that the game will be supported there.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

uneducated wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:35 pm I tried to run the game on GNU+Linux using Steam. It would not permit it on the GNU+Linux platform, unfortunately. I hope that the game will be supported there.
If you are running Linux, would you do us a favor and test with WINE? While there are currently no plans to provide a Linux version directly, it would be great to know if this could be a workaround.
Making Fantasy General 2
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i have it installed on my 5 pc's owned atm, and no longer use or have need to install any other, so more than happy with, for me it is the future and it's here already, and free for most, so cant and won't hear me complain either :wink:
CaesarCzech
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by CaesarCzech »

kaisiyatsy wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 pm
zakblood wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:41 am
Schweinewitz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 am Having high system requirements is not an indicator for a game being awsome.

agreed, but it does point to a direction, taking out all the previous version of windows in one final swoop and then stating it as a medium to high spec pc for starters, does imply some kind of high end something imo, so still look forward to seeing and hearing more as also enjoyed the 1st version
Win 10 is a perfectly fine platform.

Hahahahaha nope. Win 7 is new XP, leave Vista and XP but many people simply wont move to Win 10 Spyware. Im bit dissapointed about beta being Win 10 Only and hope it doesnt indicate trend, Since that would seem to indicate Slitherine and Matrix are going to Mainstream More than just in term of sales.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

most who comment on windows 10 and spyware, just haven't i'm sorry to say, got a clue, there is nothing more in windows 10 than there already was in any previous version of windows, or macOS for that point, so voicing concerns about it, is somewhat of a null and mute point, while google doesn't know everything, it's hit and miss with findings on the subject, mostly are correct, with a lot also being wrong, i'd be more unhappy with the same comments regarding phones, sat navs and social media programs, which all do a lot worse, but most care less about
ObG_Chris
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by ObG_Chris »

Just to clear that up: The beta has been running fine on Win7 since the beginning and we officially support it for a while now after testing it. We just didn't have the time to test all configurations before the first beta went live, thus didn't want to promise anything we couldn't keep.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

CaesarCzech wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 amWin 7 is new XP, leave Vista and XP but many people simply wont move to Win 10 Spyware. Im bit dissapointed about beta being Win 10 Only and hope it doesnt indicate trend, Since that would seem to indicate Slitherine and Matrix are going to Mainstream More than just in term of sales.
Okay but just, don't make me laugh, if you happen to be a Steam user.
CaesarCzech

Post by CaesarCzech »

ObG_Chris wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 am Just to clear that up: The beta has been running fine on Win7 since the beginning and we officially support it for a while now after testing it. We just didn't have the time to test all configurations before the first beta went live, thus didn't want to promise anything we couldn't keep.
When are you going have another round of beta invites ?
trengilly
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by trengilly »

The minimum specs are like for a 10 year old pc? I don't see what the issue is. Even the recommend specs are basically a 4 year old pc.
Kamamura
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Kamamura »

Schweinewitz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:43 pm My exitement turned into disapointment when I read on the Steam page about the minimum requirements for this game.

Win10? Only over my dead body! :mrgreen:
What platform would you consider "acceptable"? Windows is the main PC platform, and since the support for Windows 7 ends with the end of this year, the only supported Windows version from now on will be Windows 10. It's much better internally designed than Windows 7 anyway, more robust and able to face the current security threats.

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”