Order of Battle: Panzerkrieg: Mission 7 Bug (different bug this time)

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Jep_Jorgensson
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Order of Battle: Panzerkrieg: Mission 7 Bug (different bug this time)

Post by Jep_Jorgensson »

I accomplished all of the objectives but it is still not registering as a victory yet. I had the same issue before, but the work around for that was to take one of the small towns west of the southern objective and that is not working now. So it seems that there is a new bug. Mind telling me what the work-around for this one is this time?

Platform: Steam.

Version: 7.1.6
Attachments
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-17-51-931.jpg
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-17-51-931.jpg (473.71 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-17-31-975.jpg
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-17-31-975.jpg (483.88 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-17-21-875.jpg
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-17-21-875.jpg (416.3 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Last edited by Jep_Jorgensson on Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Order of Battle: Panzerkrieg: Mission 7 Bug (different bug this time)

Post by bebro »

Hi, would you be able to attach a savegame of this?

Edit: did you meet the objectives for major victory (needs all objectives, so primary and secondary) or for standard victory only?

Also: what does not work for you - is an objective you achieved still not checked (= not green) or does the scn not end in a victory for you despite all objectives being green?
Jep_Jorgensson

Post by Jep_Jorgensson »

Here are a few pictures illustrating what I am talking about.

Edit: Make that one picture. Apparently I am limited to just three pictures per post for some reason. I will add the other three in my original post.

As for attaching a saved game file, I have no idea how to do that.
Attachments
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-16-56-676.jpg
Desktop Capture-05-07-2019 14-16-56-676.jpg (322.13 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

There's an early victory trigger starting at turn 25-ish, so you'll have to play at least that many turns to win the scen!

EDIT: Oh, now I see your screenshot. Well, played okay as stand-alone scen. There were two more objectives (destroy 6 planes, NightWitches) to fulfill then, though. Or maybe it's the WSS faction...

EDIT2: Bebro, it's the early victory trigger that needs the above mentioned two secondary objectives to be completed to fire - but those are deactivated in campaign play.
Jep_Jorgensson wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm [...] Mind telling me what the work-around for this one is this time?
And as for Mr. Jorgensson: just play two more turns and the scen should complete okay.
Jep_Jorgensson

Post by Jep_Jorgensson »

GabeKnight wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:31 pmAnd as for Mr. Jorgensson: just play two more turns and the scen should complete okay.
Thanks. Looks like the bug was in the early victory trigger that failed to activate. It is working now.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thx for pics, guys. But if victory triggers correctly in the end it looks WAD to me.

The early victory trigger is supposed to happen if you met all objectives needed for it in time, otherwise you do get the victory at the end only.

Because there are max. five 2ndary objectives, with two of them activating only later in the scn. One of them (Nightwitches) might not activate at all since it's a "carryover" objective in cam mode - it comes back when not achieved fully earlier. The one regarding a possible air commander may also stay inactive if you already got him (for example via core import)

Two other 2ndary objectives are turn-limited, so not included in the check for early victory.

Long story short: we cannot foresee if and when each player fullfills all 2ndary objectives and esp. not if he has actually all active at this point. So if the scn goes over the requirements for early victory there is quasi a "late-victory" declared at the end (= full turn time) as a kind of fallback option.

If that works fine for you I see this more as a matter of convenience, not a bug in the tech. sense.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

If you don't want to change anything with the triggers, you may want to address the text of the primary objective, though. It says to "capture" those towns to win the mission and not to hold on to them until scenario end.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

No, this isn't about holding VHs, the scn is not designed for it, and we'd have to add another set of triggers if that would be how the scn should play.

Ppl can get an early win in case of a full victory, but need to play the complete number of turns if they do not. That is intentional.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Maybe there's a misunderstanding here, because I'm feeling like talking in circles.
bebro wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:23 am Ppl can get an early win in case of a full victory, but need to play the complete number of turns if they do not. That is intentional.
My point was, that most players can not get an early victory when playing this campaign.

Because if you've either imported a Blitzkrieg core or have already shot down the NightWitches (which appeared like two missions ago), the objectives required for the early victory are not even active and the trigger won't ever fire.

This issue does not arise when playing as stand alone scen.

Return to “Order of Battle Bug Submissions”