[Graphics][texture missing][New]

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Oleksandr
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

[Graphics][texture missing][New]

Post by Oleksandr »

Big gun in Battle For Britain mod is missing texture when destroyed.

https://imgur.com/a/9c7p03O
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: [Graphics][texture missing][New]

Post by terminator »

Same bug with Population Center (before it disappeared) :

Screenshot 160.jpg
Screenshot 160.jpg (50.75 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

I think it's because of the mixup with PNG <-> TGA files in the texture/destroyed folders of the mod. Both can not have the same extension for whatever reason. There are three "destroyed" units in BoB: 20mm FlaK, the 210mm "big gun" and the city centers.

If you just convert the respective texture files from TGA -> PNG, you should be fine again. 8)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:39 pm I think it's because of the mixup with PNG <-> TGA files in the texture/destroyed folders of the mod. Both can not have the same extension for whatever reason. There are three "destroyed" units in BoB: 20mm FlaK, the 210mm "big gun" and the city centers.

If you just convert the respective texture files from TGA -> PNG, you should be fine again. 8)
It seems that the 20mm FlaK has disappeared from the Battle For Britain Editor :( I remember that before we could see the 20mm FlaK in the Battle For Britain Editor.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:39 pm I think it's because of the mixup with PNG <-> TGA files in the texture/destroyed folders of the mod. Both can not have the same extension for whatever reason. There are three "destroyed" units in BoB: 20mm FlaK, the 210mm "big gun" and the city centers.

The "Alive Texture" must be in PNG format and the "Destroyed Texture" must be in TGA format or vice versa :idea:
These two textures("Alive" and "Destroyed") have strictly the same name, so to distinguish them I think the developers have changed the extensions respectively ( :?: )

PS: special thanks to GabeKnight :wink:
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Actually, the only way that I could get it to work was this way: "The 'Alive Texture' must be in PNG format and the 'Destroyed Texture' must be in TGA format," not vice versa:

Screenshot 9.jpg
Screenshot 9.jpg (372.35 KiB) Viewed 1878 times

This was the reverse; the 'Alive Texture' in TGA format and the 'Destroyed Texture' in PNG format:

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (371.6 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
- Bru

Return to “Order of Battle Bug Submissions”