Inking Figures

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

stancolleymore
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Inking Figures

Post by stancolleymore »

I have some trophy figures I want to ink. What should I use?

And before some smart a**e I know it is ink, but what type?
list_lurker
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Inking Figures

Post by list_lurker »

Hi Bob, you will need to break the surface tension on the figure otherwise the ink will pool. SO a good wash (of the figure :-) ) is a good start . Then make sure you dilute the paint with a proper medium (not water). I'm sure if you just used a pre bought 'wash' then it should work.

A bit more effort , but will receive more pleasing results is you use a spirit based 'filter'. Which in essence is a oil paint dissolved in a 'carrier' .. you can slop this on and wipe way what you don't want. Advantages being that you can take your time as its takes a few days to dry and you can keep touching it up, and you don't get any of the problems with surface tension.
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Inking Figures

Post by ravenflight »

I use 5 drops of Jo Sonja 'glazing medium' with 1 drop of whatever colour vallejo paint you wish to use. I find that it does what Simon said about a carrier. You will need to lacquer this after you're done tho.

Return to “Modelling”