Gaming Mats

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

stancolleymore
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Gaming Mats

Post by stancolleymore »

I am thinking of getting a gaming mat and wonder if the forum had any recommendations or the opposite. Pictures/links would be great.

I have seen the some from Wayland Games which look good value.
Custor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Gaming Mats

Post by Custor »

The gamesworkshop matt is nice if you can get one. 6x4'.
They don't snag so sliding bases is easier to move losts of troops about.
list_lurker
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by list_lurker »

Hi Bob,

are you talking cloth, PVC or rubber here (mouse mat)? none of which I'd say are 'reasonably' priced, not that it stops me buying them! :shock:

My recommendations are the mousemat ones. So you have

Frontline gaming (FAT mats), US based but now have a UK distributor (They have as 20% off black Friday deal coming up). Comes with a nice case
Gamemat EU. Slightly cheaper (coming from somewhere in eastern Europe). No case. Still nice product though
Deep Cut studio. new to mouse mat ... used to do a lot of the PVC types. I have seen a mousemat one and they look nice too

All weighing in about £50~

The rubber ones lie dead flat and give a really satisfying bounce to the dice. The PVC ones are a bit shiny for my liking and they take a while to lie down after being rolled up.
The cloth ones are a bit pailer in colour due to the printing technique and have all the problems with a cloth mat.

Cigar Box make nice printing felt mats too (available by either North Star or Caliver) .. but they are very specific and I'm not sure how long they would last. They look nice though
stancolleymore
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by stancolleymore »

Simon

I did get a FAT mat from Weekend Warriors in Loughborough. I got the Swamp.
list_lurker
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by list_lurker »

probably the best ones

Return to “Modelling”