Qin in terracota

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

Fluffy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Qin in terracota

Post by Fluffy »

Good morning.

I'll be painting a Qin army in a rush at some point and I thought the fastest would be to base coat them all terracotta, base and make them pretty later.

Obviously I can't just leave it at that, but I like the idea.

So any ideas on how to leave the figures terracotta (or some other variety brown) but to make them look good (or at least like they are painted).
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Qin in terracota

Post by ravenflight »

Fluffy wrote:Good morning.

I'll be painting a Qin army in a rush at some point and I thought the fastest would be to base coat them all terracotta, base and make them pretty later.

Obviously I can't just leave it at that, but I like the idea.

So any ideas on how to leave the figures terracotta (or some other variety brown) but to make them look good (or at least like they are painted).
Paint them Terracotta colour.

Wash them slightly darker.

Base them.

In fact, Base them THEN paint them (base and all) Terracotta.
titanu
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by titanu »

Fluffy wrote:Good morning.

I'll be painting a Qin army in a rush at some point and I thought the fastest would be to base coat them all terracotta...

So long as you don't base them on Ruddock's army you'll be OK :D
IanB3406
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by IanB3406 »

Better to paint them..the originals where all painted which faded when exposed to the atmosphere. So,much for the clearcoat. Better to use a gloss finish for over a thousand years.

Return to “Modelling”