First Single Player Playthrough ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: First Single Player Playthrough ?

Post by devoncop »

Ah...my mistake.

Is there a particular faction you are interested in as I was watching the Iberii playthrough today and the provinces were shown clearly there.
juanval
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by juanval »

All factions :mrgreen: .

No problem. I'll wait 2 weeks.

One question. How stable is the game on its current version? is it perfectly playable or is better to wait? Even If there are minor bugs I prefer to wait and play solid games, no matter the waiting time.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

juanval wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:48 pm All factions :mrgreen: .

One question. How stable is the game on its current version? is it perfectly playable or is better to wait? Even If there are minor bugs I prefer to wait and play solid games, no matter the waiting time.
A beta tester would need to answer that one but all the reports and conversations I have had with them and You Tube presentations I have seen suggest it is very solid
juanval

Post by juanval »

devoncop wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 pm
juanval wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:48 pm All factions :mrgreen: .

A beta tester would need to answer that one but all the reports and conversations I have had with them and You Tube presentations I have seen suggest it is very solid
Very solid. This is very important for the initial success of any game, because this avoids lots of negative reviews.

Thanks devoncop for your fast answers.
juanval

Post by juanval »

I've found an interesting map on a recent video with full of provinces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8adN84CKX5Y

At minute 24:24 you can see a nice map.

Is a pain for my eyes to see Hispania Citerior province in the north west of Spain, but anyway, beautiful view.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

juanval wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:40 pm I've found an interesting map on a recent video with full of provinces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8adN84CKX5Y

At minute 24:24 you can see a nice map.

Is a pain for my eyes to see Hispania Citerior province in the north west of Spain, but anyway, beautiful view.

Nice spot Juanval.....

Thanks for the link. :D
gregb41352
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by gregb41352 »

Ptolemaic Egypt
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

devoncop wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 pm Ah...my mistake.

Is there a particular faction you are interested in as I was watching the Iberii playthrough today and the provinces were shown clearly there.
Oh I'd be interested in watching that iberii playthrough if you have a link.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

SpeedyCM wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:45 am
devoncop wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 pm Ah...my mistake.

Oh I'd be interested in watching that iberii playthrough if you have a link.
Here is the link mate... Hope your German is up to scratch :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AtPUDB ... x=2&t=670s
Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Beorn »

I've watched a few videos, but for the most part they are playing it as a military game, basically asking "Who should I attack this turn?" I'd be curious if there is a video out there where the player pays a lot more attention to the other aspects of the game, and continues to do so into the mid-game. (DasTactic started out to do this, and his commentary was interesting, but then he kind of said to heck with it.)
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

I think the problem with all the playthroughs I have seen so far is that they mostly only go a handful of years deep, i think i have only seen one that goes beyond around 20 turns and that was single region start Judea one.
So basically no-one is really seeing the negative impact the old school swarm and conquer everyone tactics are supposed to have, I actually wouldn't mind watching a playthrough that starts with a nation 50 to 100 turns into the game (preferably a smaller nation that only takes a few minutes to do each turn).
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

SpeedyCM wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:23 am I think the problem with all the playthroughs I have seen so far is that they mostly only go a handful of years deep, i think i have only seen one that goes beyond around 20 turns and that was single region start Judea one.
So basically no-one is really seeing the negative impact the old school swarm and conquer everyone tactics are supposed to have, I actually wouldn't mind watching a playthrough that starts with a nation 50 to 100 turns into the game (preferably a smaller nation that only takes a few minutes to do each turn).
Speedy and Beorn

You are both spot on. It is incredible to think that most of the reasons that make the design of this game unique in terms of the decline and fall (and renewal) of great Empires is actually absent from the you tube coverage of the game ....it makes me wonder if it is actually possible for a You Tuber to do it justice.

Dastactic did a great job as Carthage at the beginning of challenge 2 explaining the economic depth of the game but this was by its nature a time limited game of only 20 turns or so.

He has a record of long series so may do a full run through post release as he evidently loves the game but as has been said most You Tube games are being played like an EU 4 or Imperator Rome World Conquest challenge and just trying to conquer at least one region a turn. It is obvious this approach will lead to total collapse and defeat by mid game at the latest but we are not shown it.

I would be curious if any testers or devs have played a full 500 turn game and can confirm the design of the game does indeed stand up well to such a rigorous test of its unique philosophy. I truly hope so.
Last edited by devoncop on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

yes ... and yes :wink:
Southern Hunter

Post by Southern Hunter »

I reckon I will try Ptolemaic Egypt; it always has loads of food at least, so there is one problem solved.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Southern Hunter wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:32 am I reckon I will try Ptolemaic Egypt; it always has loads of food at least, so there is one problem solved.

It also has a nice mechanic whereby if the Egyptian Fleet combat power is greater than its total land army power they harvest a useful 5 Legacy points a turn :wink:
Last edited by devoncop on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I'm following Das Tactic Syracusae Lets play and so far, so good also.

But that's the nature of the internet and you tube, you seldom see end of game content.

One Empire to Rule them All.

AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Pocus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am I'm following Das Tactic Syracusae Lets play and so far, so good also.

But that's the nature of the internet and you tube, you seldom see end of game content.

Seeing Judea in an amazing second place by end game and when I am about to take the Ptolemaics in the MP game is somewhat unnerving :mrgreen:
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

Pocus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 amImage
Oh my god that border gore.

devoncop wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:34 amSeeing Judea in an amazing second place by end game and when I am about to take the Ptolemaics in the MP game is somewhat unnerving :mrgreen:

BTW, didn't realize Judea's flag was 3D.
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

devoncop wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:34 am
Pocus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am I'm following Das Tactic Syracusae Lets play and so far, so good also.

Seeing Judea in an amazing second place by end game and when I am about to take the Ptolemaics in the MP game is somewhat unnerving :mrgreen:
Sorry to be a minor spoiler, but isn't Judea in third place?
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Morbio wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 am
devoncop wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:34 am

Sorry to be a minor spoiler, but isn't Judea in third place?
Looking at the image more closely you are of course correct Morbio.

This is cold comfort however given the rather more obvious fact that Ptolemaic Egypt is noticeable not only by its absence from the podium but rather more alarmingly it's total absence from the map 😱😱😱

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”