So What about Multiplayer?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: So What about Multiplayer?

Post by stockwellpete »

rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:37 am Not at all simple. We don't rule it out at some time in the future, but it certainly isn't going to happen before the game is launched.
OK, that's a bit of encouragement for us anyway. I think with single players wanting to use MP FOG2 with SP Empires or two players wanting to use MP in both then a lot of the phasing difficulties that loki was talking about will either not occur or will be mitigated to a certain extent. Usually where 2 players get together I expect they will agree some method of deciding which battles to export to FOG2 and which to resolve using the Empires system. I think the real problems probably start if you have 3 or more players in a MP Empires game. Perhaps exporting to FOG2 is not viable for these larger campaigns.

I am working my way through Das Tactic's You Tube videos of the game but I haven't found out yet whether there are different starting points in the game so players can focus on particular periods of history. Is everything a 500 turn campaign at the moment? Are varying start (and end) dates included, or envisaged, for this game. This is where having FOG2 MP available for SP or 2-player Empire campaigns would be really excellent.
FightingPoultry
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by FightingPoultry »

stockwellpete wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:40 am
rbodleyscott wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:37 am Not at all simple. We don't rule it out at some time in the future, but it certainly isn't going to happen before the game is launched.
OK, that's a bit of encouragement for us anyway. I think with single players wanting to use MP FOG2 with SP Empires or two players wanting to use MP in both then a lot of the phasing difficulties that loki was talking about will either not occur or will be mitigated to a certain extent. Usually where 2 players get together I expect they will agree some method of deciding which battles to export to FOG2 and which to resolve using the Empires system. I think the real problems probably start if you have 3 or more players in a MP Empires game. Perhaps exporting to FOG2 is not viable for these larger campaigns.
Yes agreed - at least this gives us some hope that you will look at this aspect of the game in future developments -- thank you
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

stockwellpete wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:40 am I am working my way through Das Tactic's You Tube videos of the game but I haven't found out yet whether there are different starting points in the game so players can focus on particular periods of history. Is everything a 500 turn campaign at the moment? Are varying start (and end) dates included, or envisaged, for this game. This is where having FOG2 MP available for SP or 2-player Empire campaigns would be really excellent.
To answer my own question, I have just had a quick look through the manual and there seems to be just the one 500-turn campaign available in the official game, but it is possible to mod and create new scenarios in that way, presumably by just changing the starting and end dates. Although I don't know how to mod myself I expect someone will post up instructions on the forum about how to do something very basic like this.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”