Independent regions and generals in their armies

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

juanval
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Independent regions and generals in their armies

Post by juanval »

I've seen in challenge #1 videos that independent regions are too easy to fight against, even when they are defending. I think they should be lead by a local general with at least 1 point in defense skill in order to add 1 dice to their unit combat rolls.

If all independent armies are so weak, playing factions like Dacians or Britons can result in playing lots of easy battles against all the weak armies from the independent regions that surround these nations.
Last edited by juanval on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Independent regions and generals in their armies

Post by vakarr »

Playing as the Thracians I didn't find those independent regions at all easy unless I amassed a huuuuge army - I needed at least 2:1 odds to be sure of beating them and having a useful army left over. You are lucky to be able to use those Dacian heavy infantry that fight well in forest (or hills, depending which province they are raised). That's what makes it easy for you.
juanval

Post by juanval »

vakarr wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:48 am Playing as the Thracians I didn't find those independent regions at all easy unless I amassed a huuuuge army - I needed at least 2:1 odds to be sure of beating them and having a useful army left over. You are lucky to be able to use those Dacian heavy infantry that fight well in forest (or hills, depending which province they are raised). That's what makes it easy for you.
Thanks for the info. Anyway, it would be interesting to see a leader commanding the independent or rebel armies.
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Noooo, those independent or rebel armies are already too annoying, they can be so aggressive and you have to give up whatever you are trying to do to, to protect some unremarkable corner of your existing empire
juanval

Post by juanval »

vakarr wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 pm Noooo, those independent or rebel armies are already too annoying, they can be so aggressive and you have to give up whatever you are trying to do to, to protect some unremarkable corner of your existing empire
Then, do independent regions attack your dominions? I thought they were static.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

juanval wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm
vakarr wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 pm Noooo, those independent or rebel armies are already too annoying, they can be so aggressive and you have to give up whatever you are trying to do to, to protect some unremarkable corner of your existing empire
yes they damn well do :) , its one of the many reasons why holding down your gains is often harder than the initial conquest, you have these restless tribes constantly disrupting your nice frontiers.

as to your question above - yes they sometimes have leaders and sometimes not. I think its related to how they spawned in the first place.
juanval

Post by juanval »

loki100 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:54 pm
juanval wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:17 pm
yes they damn well do :) , its one of the many reasons why holding down your gains is often harder than the initial conquest, you have these restless tribes constantly disrupting your nice frontiers.

as to your question above - yes they sometimes have leaders and sometimes not. I think its related to how they spawned in the first place.
That's very realistic. I love problems in strategy games;) Thanks for the answer.

After decades playing games, as time goes on, for me is more difficult to find interest in current games, but I must recognize that FoG Empires is very attractive.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”