Field of Glory: Empires - The Challenge has been accepted

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory: Empires - The Challenge has been accepted

Post by Daniele »

Field of Glory: Empires is a very ambitious project. It’s perfect combination between empire management and grand-strategy, united to a set of unique mechanics, will set a new standard for strategy games.

To better introduce players to this upcoming masterpiece, we have launched a great Challenge series of events, inviting influencers and media members.

And the participation has been great so far! With only few days remaining to complete the competition, we are delighted to see such interest.

We have gathered in a playlist the main efforts played so far, so you can have a look at first hand how the game unfolds, even in more strict environment.

You can watch some sample below:

Stay tuned for further updates!

Check the Dev Diaries:

Dev Diary #1 - A Brief Overview

Dev Diary #2 - Region Management, Population, Loyalty

Dev Diary #3 - Buildings

Dev Diary #4 - Commerce and Trading

Dev Diary #5 Governments and Rulers

Dev Diary #6 - Culture and Decadence

Dev Diary #7 Provinces
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Field of Glory: Empires - The Challenge has been accepted

Post by Yarev »

Still NO battles resolved through FoG2.... such a shame (are you trying to hide something?)
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yarev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:29 pm Still NO battles resolved through FoG2.... such a shame (are you trying to hide something?)
Players have mentioned they have resolved some battles without problems in the FOG2 system.

As we are all familiar with the FOG2 mechanics to see a long battle played out in the FOG2 system would teach us nothing about the new game and would use up most of an uploaded stream so I am not surprised this hasn't been shown personally.
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

I know players have mentioned but its not the same as looking at one

I just want to see how the minor details work through FoG2 like general stats(+2 attack), frontage, units joining battle, how are the units scale down or up.

The battle alone is not significant.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yarev wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:23 pm I know players have mentioned but its not the same as looking at one

I just want to see how the minor details work through FoG2 like general stats(+2 attack), frontage, units joining battle, how are the units scale down or up.

The battle alone is not significant.
Fair enough.

Frontage is not carried across though terrain types are.....a mountainous hex on the main map will generate a mountainous map in FoG2 where frontage tends to be restricted anyway.

Generals are carried across also. A better led force on the strategic map will get more commanders on the tactical map for example.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”