release in early or late 2019?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

release in early or late 2019?

Post by jnpoint »

If you like this time period 2019 is very interesting, as there are coming two grand strategy games. Paradox is producing Imperator: Rome which is released in April. And as far as I know there are a lot of similarities, so buying both is not relevant for me.

So back to the question - is this coming out soon or in 6-8 months? In fact, I think I like this game the most, but I'm tempted to buy Imperator if I have to wait more than a half year for Field of glory: Empires.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: release in early or late 2019?

Post by Tamas »

Well, if all goes well you won't have to wait 6 more months, but that's really all I can say. :)
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

Thanks for the quick response.
Then I hope it's going really well :)
MOS96B2P
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by MOS96B2P »

Looking forward to this.
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

Tamas wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm Well, if all goes well you won't have to wait 6 more months, but that's really all I can say. :)
That is very good news. I was also unsure if I should buy TW:3k or better to wait for FoG:Empires, but if its not long with the realese date than the answer is simple : Goodbye TW:3k even if the graphics look nice the gameplay is more shallow with every new title, so I'm so happy to see some competition with new ideas and gameplay.

Easy choice FoG:E
Lysimaque
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Lysimaque »

You are not affraid about the new title of Paradox? I mean, it will attract a lot of your potential customers.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Duplicate post.
Last edited by devoncop on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Lysimaque wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:00 am You are not affraid about the new title of Paradox? I mean, it will attract a lot of your potential customers.

Very different games. the Paradox system gives only very small amounts of control over individual battles. With this game you will be able to fight the important battles out using the excellent
Field of Glory system which gives total control to the player at the tactical level.

This game is also turn based rather than pausable real time which makes it far preferable to me at least.

The AI will make or break both games and Paradox has a somewhat patchy record (at least on release) so it's a no brainer for me to govern with this game. Others may disagree.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

I have TRIED to follow the Paradox videos, highlighting play. They are impossible to follow. Am hoping, like the initial dev diary here, that you post detailed bits about individual parts, how they work, what they affect, etc. Start with some place other than Rome, and lead me through how the first part of my game will go.
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

P.S.

Will you still be asking for new beta testers? Never did hear back and was still faintly hoping!
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

devoncop wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:58 am
Lysimaque wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:00 am You are not affraid about the new title of Paradox? I mean, it will attract a lot of your potential customers.

Very different games. the Paradox system gives only very small amounts of control over individual battles. With this game you will be able to fight the important battles out using the excellent
Field of Glory system which gives total control to the player at the tactical level.

This game is also turn based rather than pausable real time which makes it far preferable to me at least.

The AI will make or break both games and Paradox has a somewhat patchy record (at least on release) so it's a no brainer for me to govern with this game. Others may disagree.
On the other hand, you can control almost everything else in Imperator Rome, far more than in FoG: Empires. That's why it's hard to decide which to buy.
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

jnpoint wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

On the other hand, you can control almost everything else in Imperator Rome, far more than in FoG: Empires. That's why it's hard to decide which to buy.
Buy both.
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

SpeedyCM wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:18 am
jnpoint wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Buy both.
That won't happen :) One to buy and one to pass.
SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ »

Blathergut wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:57 pm I have TRIED to follow the Paradox videos, highlighting play. They are impossible to follow. Am hoping, like the initial dev diary here, that you post detailed bits about individual parts, how they work, what they affect, etc. Start with some place other than Rome, and lead me through how the first part of my game will go.
Those Imperitor Rome developers diary videos are some of the most cringingly amateurish videos the world have ever seen. They may be good at their jobs but for the love of god they both need a lifetime ban from doing any promotional videos. !!!!
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

SGZ wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Blathergut wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:57 pm I have TRIED to follow the Paradox videos, highlighting play. They are impossible to follow. Am hoping, like the initial dev diary here, that you post detailed bits about individual parts, how they work, what they affect, etc. Start with some place other than Rome, and lead me through how the first part of my game will go.
Those Imperitor Rome developers diary videos are some of the most cringingly amateurish videos the world have ever seen. They may be good at their jobs but for the love of god they both need a lifetime ban from doing any promotional videos. !!!!
Well maybe they are but do you really want to see guys who have been educated and trained only towards selling stuff that you dont necessarily need or do you preffer guys who actually develop the game and know what they're talking about?
For me it's not an issue
SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ »

Yarev wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:24 pm
SGZ wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Well maybe they are but do you really want to see guys who have been educated and trained only towards selling stuff that you dont necessarily need or do you preffer guys who actually develop the game and know what they're talking about?
For me it's not an issue
I like the videos done by CA for 3 Kingdoms. Intelligent, articulate and informative whilst being clearly passionate and knowledgeable about the game. What's what any self respecting company wanting to sell millions of dollars of product in a competitive market should be producing. IMO.
SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ »

Having said that I'm still much more excited about FOGE than TW3K.
Yarev
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Yarev »

SGZ wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 am Having said that I'm still much more excited about FOGE than TW3K.
Hear, hear
nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nats »

Yes I am far more interested in this game than in Paradox's game, more many reasons. I think if I play another Paradox game I might implode is one of them. I want to see some fresh ideas in this genre, it badly needs some.

One thing though I would say is I am not that keen on the GUI as it stands. The icons on the top bar look far too spread out, and some of the boxes on the civilians screen not being lined up grate a bit with my need for symmetry. But of course this is all subject to change and a final tidy up/polish would certainly not go amiss.

But interesting dev diaries - I hope there is plenty of depth without the long AI turns that seem to plague every Ageod release.
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
balto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by balto »

+1 on the Paradox Dev Diaries being the worst for Imperator. I am a huge Paradox fan and they usually are great on their dairies so much so that when the game (or new DLCs) come out, you are sort of ready to roll and you know what you are getting into. Imperator.., I do not have a clue what is happening. I think they suppose that we have expert knowledge in EU 4 (have not played in several years) and Crusader King (never played). No matter, I am not going for Imperator until I see a lot of Youtubes. But, FOG:Empires.., the Dev Diaries and such.., I am 100% sold and I cannot wait for this to come out..., I feel like this is going to be psychotically great..,

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”