willingnessOfSubordination

dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

willingnessOfSubordination

Post by dejvid2 »

This is from the Holland mod thread
Cablenexus wrote:If I want them to be a vassal of Rome quickly I set their willingness to a number of max 1?
This is a coefficient, not percentage. This coefficient multiplies the weight how much the player wants to join the other one as member not master. You can set it even to number like 2, which will double the chance that this happens. If you set it to numbers lower then 1, it decrease the willingness to join as member, however it has no impact in joining as master.
In the Ancient Med scenario willingnessOfSubordination goes from 0.5 (Rome and Carthage) to around 1.2. So above 1 is exceptionally willing to federate and 0.5 is exceptionally low.

But that is an overall willingness. It can be set in the RelationMemento which lays down how willing a player is to subordinate itself to another player.
However in the Ancient Med scenario they all seem to be set to 0.

I have in mind the situation of Messene whose citizens are descended from hellots and hence absolutely will never subordinate themselves to Sparta but are willing, eager to subordinate themselves to anyone else.

What value of willingnessOfSubordination should I set in the Messene RelationMemento to reflect this?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: willingnessOfSubordination

Post by pavelk »

dejvid2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm But that is an overall willingness. It can be set in the RelationMemento which lays down how willing a player is to subordinate itself to another player.
However in the Ancient Med scenario they all seem to be set to 0.
When value is set to 0, it can be removed from RelationMemento. Once it is 0, it uses the generic value.
dejvid2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:22 pm I have in mind the situation of Messene whose citizens are descended from hellots and hence absolutely will never subordinate themselves to Sparta but are willing, eager to subordinate themselves to anyone else.
What value of willingnessOfSubordination should I set in the Messene RelationMemento to reflect this?
Find PlayerMemento of Messenia, in that find RelationMemento for Sparta and set the willingnessOfSubordination to something like 0.01
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

Thanks for the very quick reply. This is not the sort thing that is easy to find out through trial and error so very much appreciated.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

You are welcome.
dejvid2 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:51 pm This is not the sort thing that is easy to find out through trial and error so very much appreciated.
I absolutely agree. I would very much like to write the modding guide but there is right now simply no time for that.

Return to “Aggressors Modding”