[MOD] Italy 500BC

pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: [Modding]A first scenario and little bit of modding

Post by pavelk »

Hi Chris,
this is an excellent work! I am sorry for late reply but there is too much going on now.
I was surprised that you were able to extend the map north. It is not an easy task and I see that you covered it all eventually:)
I think it is not that difficult if you run this replacement:

Code: Select all

y="1" />

Code: Select all

y="21" />
positionMemento is the only element which has this notation, so you should be ok to just run Y replacements where Y is the map height. You need to start from the top indeed:)
Chris36 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 amis there a way to exclude tiles performance wise with impassable terrain or something like that? The whole east of germany should be terra incognita.
It would probably worth try to create new TerrainProperty with one of the existing bitmapIndexes (whatever you choose) and define all the TerrainBehaviorMemento like this:
<TerrainBehaviorMemento movementConsume="-1" silentMovementConsume="-1" terrain="11" railMovementConsume="-1" roadMovementConsume="-1" />
this should make the job.
It is possible that even if you dont define TerrainBehaviorMementos at all, it should work and be impassable. Give it a go, I cannot guarantee it but I think it should work that way already (so you need to define just the new TerrainPropertiesMemento).
You need to mod it, but I guess you want to include in this own mod anyway, right?
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: [Modding]A first scenario and little bit of modding

Post by Chris36 »

Great infos Pavel, thanks!

Followed your suggestion and created a new terrain first without TerrainBehaviorMemento. All works fine in the editor and i have to test it later on during some turns.

I now opened a new thread for the XL map and i will use this thread to continue the Italy 500 BC mod then :) . Would be great if a moderator could rename this thread to: [MOD]Italy 500BC
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: [MOD] Italy 500BC

Post by Chris36 »

Got one question here, so far nothing catched. Is it possible to allow terrain extensions on tiles with specific static buildings say resource?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Chris36 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:32 am Got one question here, so far nothing catched. Is it possible to allow terrain extensions on tiles with specific static buildings say resource?
Sure but this would require a script.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Hi Chris,

Hopefully you are allright. How is the Italy MOD progress going? I'm looking very forward to see it.
Maybe you can give us an update?

Thanks!

Return to “Aggressors Modding”