[Modding] Creating my first scenario

gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Re: [Modding] Creating my first scenario

Post by gwgardner »

Couldn't do any trades yet, as hadn't researched trading. No other problems except usage of stones was pretty negative due to the fortress walls. I had to sell many of the walls. Inoted that fish was pretty static at .59.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Bructeri have a good startup situation, manageable if the player doesn't try to move the birth slider up too much.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:44 pm Couldn't do any trades yet, as hadn't researched trading. No other problems except usage of stones was pretty negative due to the fortress walls. I had to sell many of the walls. Inoted that fish was pretty static at .59.
Trading is possible as soon you have free sight between you and your trade partner. As far as I know is the Coinage research only for the town improvement "trading".
For Chauci this means building a single boat to clear the FOG on the rivers makes it possible to trade with all surrounding tribes.

The fish and basin resources need to be researched before you can build nets. The water tile itself should give some fish (like the grass give some food), but only within the range of a city.
For Chauci this means only the town Avg Magus has access to two tiles of fish. That means 0.3 per tile per turn that results in 0.6 fish per turn which is correct.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:29 pm Bructeri have a good startup situation, manageable if the player doesn't try to move the birth slider up too much.
Noted.

Funny how that can differ between people. I had a hard time playing Bructeri and an easier time playing Chauci.
I found it hard to manage the long distances on their large territory, there HQ close to the enemy and the gold hidden in the mountain pass.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

I'm not playing a lot of turns so far, just checking 5 or 6 turns to see if the country is minimally viable to play.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Chamavii are well-balanced at startup, AFTER selling some of the towers and walls.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Eborones are well-balanced at start, only gold is tight, but they have a trade route available.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Ampasivarii are good at start. Looks like a tough faction to play, but doable.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Sicambri have an impossible food situation at start. I suggest giving them more farms, or reducing/changing the number of units they have at start that require food every turn.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Chatti have a VERY difficult start, especially since Rome and the Sicambri are hostile right off. It will take some deft management, perhaps some early losses of units, to keep food and gold up.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Oddity on second turn of every Holland game: resource yields appear twice.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (77.29 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:44 pm Oddity on second turn of every Holland game: resource yields appear twice.
Thank you for the tribes suggestions!!! Very helpful. I was a little busy to check them all myself. This is VALUE info for me.

Do you mind if I name you (your steam name) as a tester for the mod? (just a thank you in the readme file).

The double yield I will try to find out myself first (you have really sharp eyes or great focus). If I cannot find I will report to Pavel.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

No credit needed, but appreciated. My attitude is 1) Pavel has given us a really fun time with a superior game and playtesting environment, and 2) you've raised the bar for modder level of excellence, and given great enjoyment also. It's been a fun ride playtesting this game.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

A difference between Holland mod and Ancient Med:

Open the resource usage window on the first turn. Ancient Med always shows zeros for all resources, while Holland mod shows non-zeros.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

gwgardner wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:49 pm A difference between Holland mod and Ancient Med:

Open the resource usage window on the first turn. Ancient Med always shows zeros for all resources, while Holland mod shows non-zeros.
There are multiple ways to do it for this scenario and I'm not sure how to do it yet.

It's actually every player already played a turn 0 (with Algo set to 0 for every tribe in scenario.ag) so there are previous turn resources calculated.

The only downside it that I did this before I implemented cowhide and fish, so they show zero.

I have to look into this again. Noted. Thank you.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Batavii - very good startup situation, lots of trade possibilities, plenty of resources

Menapi - good situation, trade possible, the only shortage at the start is gold, but that is surmountable with good management.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Canninafates have a difficult startup position due to so many walls, leading to negative stones and wood. Probably have to rely on trade with Romans and selling some of the internal walls to reduce that shortage. With deft management, should be able to survive.
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

The Holland mod is now avaible to download from Dropbox as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfacka0my3egk ... d.rar?dl=0

Please be aware that we are still in closed beta till august 30 so keep files and links private please.

I would love someone to try out the non Steam version of the mod and if the README is clear and the installation is easy.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

The readme is fine. I'll try it on non-steam version soon, don't have such a version right now. I'll probably do it after release, when I get the game.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Frisii Occidentales have a VERY difficult situation, since they don't have trade, and don't have any coal or iron mines. They either have to immediately go on the offensive to take some mines, or do some heavy-duty trading with their stone surplus. They also start off with very low population and few cities.

Suggest they either be given coal and iron mines, or they be given trading knowledge at startup. Perhaps also larger cities or enough fields and forests to sustain a high birth rate slider.

[I confess that right now I'm confused, is knowledge of trading needed for a trade route, or only visibility of cities?]

Return to “Aggressors Modding”