Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

[MOD]Ancient Mediterranean XL

Post by Chris36 »

About:
Extended map of the vanilla scenario "Ancient Mediterranean"

Goals:
1. Extended map north: Adding Gaul, Germania and Britania
2. Countries: Removing the vanilla celtic tribe and adding 6 or more individual celtic tribes in Northern Italy, Gaul and Britania
3. Countries: Adding 2 or more germanic tribes in Germania

And these goals only if performance allows step by step:
4. Extended Map east: Adding more parts of Seleucia and Ptolemaics
5. Countries: Adding Armenia, Scythians and Sarmatians
5.1 Countries: Adding a new unit setup for horse heavy countries like Scythians with better cavalry but (slightly) weaker infantry. Either direct via the unit stats or by special unit skills/training improvements in stables/cities.
6. Countries: Adding Parthia. This would be a dream but i think thats just too far into the east performance wise, approximately +22 tiles to the east. With the map extensions in europe there will be alltogether 7616 tiles. (68*112)

Actual Infos:
Current map size: 5984 tiles(68y*88x)

Done:
- All borders for Gaul, Germania and Britania
- Full Terrain: Gaul

To Do:
* adding detailed terrain and rivers to Germany/Britain
* adding resources to all new map parts
* researching and adding new factions(celtic and germanic tribes)
* adding cities and units for those new factions
* adding all other informations necessary to those factions( diplomacy etc.)
* adding a kind of terra incognita to map parts not interesting in that time frame, maybe all east of germany.

Current map:
europe.jpg
europe.jpg (618.9 KiB) Viewed 6109 times
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: [MOD]Ancient Mediterranean XL

Post by Chris36 »

so far:
* added the first first Celts tribe of Gaul: Averni to the north of Massila + unit and ship names
* The vanilla "Celtic Tribes" are for now Italo-Celts owning Northern-Italy, Ravenna is still 'independent'
* much more terrain detail and rivers in Germania
* more terrain detail in France
* first test of terra incognita east of Germania

One question: How can i make use of the visibility feauture in the editor? I tried all options but nothing happens.
europe2.jpg
europe2.jpg (837.52 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Chris36 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:44 pm so far:
* added the first first Celts tribe of Gaul: Averni to the north of Massila + unit and ship names
* The vanilla "Celtic Tribes" are for now Italo-Celts owning Northern-Italy, Ravenna is still 'independent'
* much more terrain detail and rivers in Germania
* more terrain detail in France
* first test of terra incognita east of Germania

One question: How can i make use of the visibility feauture in the editor? I tried all options but nothing happens.

europe2.jpg
Nice progress ;-)

If you click the visibility button in the top bar (4th from the right I think) you should get a menu were you choose None, hidden or visible. You can then select the size of the brush and set visibility.
I'm not sure what you mean otherwise.

Another option is that you are editing the scenario.ag and not the save.ag of your mod. (It's recommended to always save a scenario when you want to continue later and only export if it's done, that way the save file will also start in editor mode)
You are probaly not in real edit mode. (I can see that for example since the hourglass isn't grayed out in your screenshot).
I'm not really sure if it matters, but you can try.
You can add this to the scenario.ag eventually in isInEditMode="true" in <StateMemento

Otherwise Pavel will answer you probably if none is working.
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Chris36 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:44 pmHow can i make use of the visibility feauture in the editor? I tried all options but nothing happens.
Cablenexus is absolutely right. What exactly doesnt work for you? Once you click on that button, select visibility type and range, the FoW is applied (no matter you are in the editor) and you can change it per your liking. Once you right click (deselect that action) it will get back to the editor mode.
Page 222 in manual
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Chris36 »

That confuses me a little bit that im in the editor but maybe not in the real edit mode. So far i saved every change within the editor or do you mean by saving to create a scenario?
About the visibility feature: at least i found out just now that visibility changes work for every other country i select in the editor except for my user defined country, which is a copy of Celtic Tribes where i changed only the ID(21), name and flag. Neither None, Hidden or Visible works, i click LMOUSE and nothing changes. I will try to figure it out why it doesnt work on my country but any tips are welcome .

And thanks for your help Cablenxus and Pavel!! :)
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Chris36 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 amThat confuses me a little bit that im in the editor but maybe not in the real edit mode. So far i saved every change within the editor or do you mean by saving to create a scenario?
I wouldnt worry about it. It is a very minor thing and doesnt have that much impact on editing. It is related to generating reports. If you are in scenario builder, reports are not created till you actually export the scenario.
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Chris36 »

Alright. Maybe an important info for you Pavel to get an idea where i may made an error:
When i select my user defined country(ID21) in the editor and click in Visibility mode(None) on the tiles that are visible to the Celtic Tribe(ID19) i copied my nation from, these changes take place for nation ID 19! On the other hand, if i select nation ID 19 and change tile-visibility in Visibility mode , these changes are actually visible only for ID 19 but not for ID 21 with still the old visibility infos. :?

edit: i may got it: in the visibility chart theres an ID as well.
edit2: beautiful, it works :)
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

I knew that you will figure it by yourself;)
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Chris36 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:55 am That confuses me a little bit that im in the editor but maybe not in the real edit mode. So far i saved every change within the editor or do you mean by saving to create a scenario?
About the visibility feature: at least i found out just now that visibility changes work for every other country i select in the editor except for my user defined country, which is a copy of Celtic Tribes where i changed only the ID(21), name and flag. Neither None, Hidden or Visible works, i click LMOUSE and nothing changes. I will try to figure it out why it doesnt work on my country but any tips are welcome .

And thanks for your help Cablenxus and Pavel!! :)
I think that from all editing so far the most difficult for me was the visibility settings.
That's why I suggest to follow always the same pattern. Create your scenario in editor mode. While editing always save the game in editor mode (that isInEditMode="true" line will be created automatically that way in the save.ag), when you are really done you export as scenario. There are more changes applied when exporting as scenario.

Now for the visibility, the extra tribe you added, can you select them in editor? Can you place mapitems for them? If that works correct I would place a unit/mapitem for your new tribe, save the game and load the save game and try to select the visibility again in the editor mode.

Otherwise you have to try to find a difference between your tribe and the existing tribes in the .ag file (I know you already try that).

In the worst case if you really can't get it work feel free to post the save.ag here as a zipfile attached and I open in my game to look into it.

-edit- Ninja'd by the OP and Pavel while I was writing my helpfull feedback :o

And yes be carefull which parts you copy from exisiting game elements, exactly happened to me as well.
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Chris36 »

Yes i even wasnt for a second in doubt that i will make it. :wink: Now its just fun and easy to add all the visibility infos to the tribes thats very good work you put into the editor! If it will be extended at some time with functionality to make edits even more easier like drawing-map-as-long-as-you-hold-shift-and-LMOUSE then this thing is perfect.

Well, yesterday i added 6 more celtic tribes with all base infos in diplomacy, visibility, flag, cities, units and names. Today will follow up the first german tribes and editing other stuff like objectives, long-term diplomacy and winningPoints. Pavel, I only guess the AI acts for a part related to winningPoints? Then i definatly have to rework them for the new tribes. Its not integrated in the editor( isnt it?) but i already got an idea how to edit them without much effort. Theres a high value put in front of the winningPoints, is that the total sum of all winningPoints for that specific country?
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Chris36 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 amI only guess the AI acts for a part related to winningPoints?
Winning points are just one victory type and you can set up those tribes without this winning points.
Winning points are not part of the editor, because it is too "specific", I was even considering the winning points to be just a scripted item. I decided to add it to core, but it is not part of the editor.
We have an external tool for that;)
Chris36 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 amTheres a high value put in front of the winningPoints, is that the total sum of all winningPoints for that specific country?
correct.
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Chris36 »

Made some progress, some new tribes added with flag, coat of arms, cities and units. Half of the editing is done :)
europe3.jpg
europe3.jpg (854.9 KiB) Viewed 5980 times
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Amazing work.

I see Dutch tribes as well ;-) Feel free to use tribes/texture/everything actually ;-) from my the tribe of my mod as well for the Dutch/German Northern tribes.
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Chris36 »

Thanks Cablenexus, i will revisit all flags again when the scenario is in beta-test. The Frisian and one other dutch tribe(dont have the name at hand, west of Frisian) could make use of your flags.

Well, i did all tribes in continental europe and would like to begin the test phase, where just all tribes needs to be tested of functionality( diplomacy, movement of troops, city managment etc ) and playetested a few turns. Would anyone be interested to test the scenario? I will hand it out for testing on friday, there are just some little things to be sorted out. During the test phase i`ll add the british tribes. :)
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

Chris36 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm Thanks Cablenexus, i will revisit all flags again when the scenario is in beta-test. The Frisian and one other dutch tribe(dont have the name at hand, west of Frisian) could make use of your flags.

Well, i did all tribes in continental europe and would like to begin the test phase, where just all tribes needs to be tested of functionality( diplomacy, movement of troops, city managment etc ) and playetested a few turns. Would anyone be interested to test the scenario? I will hand it out for testing on friday, there are just some little things to be sorted out. During the test phase i`ll add the british tribes. :)
I'm very eager to test this gigantic project.
Chris36
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Chris36 »

First version here , had to sort some things out.

Plans:
* adding Britain tribes
* adding objectives
* adding territories

Download & install:
There are 2 Rar files in a main rar file.
Extract the first rar file Bin.rar into the main folder of the game.
Extract the second rar file Scenarios into the main folder of Agressors in the "documents/My Games/Aggressors Ancient Rome" folder.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoI30LkPvqcck3-NIRr3M2XIS3av
skottym
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by skottym »

I am enjoying the extended map. Thanks for that! One point, if you are still tweaking the map, is that there is water to the north of the German territories. That does not seen to make to much sense. I think it should be terra incognita, i.e., not allowed unit entry, and not shown as water. Thanks again for great map!

Return to “Aggressors Modding”