Unable to download file

ool
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Unable to download file

Post by ool »

Once again your update is stopped due to inability to download a FTP file and open it. Come on people this is simplicity itself! :oops:
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Unable to download file

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, and sorry about the issue your having,...

try using a different browser, chrome works well,.

most of the time it's a permissions or firewall / AV issue blocking the content from starting or continuing

options are, either download through the game as long as you have given permissions for the down loader to run or logon to your site account in the members section and download from there

http://www.slitherine.com/support/
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Like zak said, the issue is not in our side. Check your Internet security programs.
Anyway, you can download and install the patch manually.

You can download games and patches from the Member's Area provided they are registered to the account. Please see the forum post below which explains how to do this:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024
stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by stormbringer3 »

I've had this problem for many years. I have a new PC and when I tried to use the auto-updater for this game I got the same issue as the OP. My firewall did query me about letting the update through and I said yes. I was hoping that the new PC would make a difference but it didn't.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

if you install the game as admin, it sets up the right file permissions to run, same as all installers do, as long as your running from a admin account and not a standard user one etc

the first time the update is used, it updates itself and at the same time asks for permission to run, once granted it sets it self up and checks, without the permission, the same as all firewalls, it will just be blocked, and won't be able to communicate and just fail, but with a error message,...

Return to “Aggressors: Tech Support”