Game wont run fullscreen on primary monitor

petenz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game wont run fullscreen on primary monitor

Post by petenz »

Hi,

The game always starts on my secondary monitor if I select fullscreen in settings.
I tried setting to windowed mode and move to the correct monitor, then change to fullscreen in settings but it always restarts on the secondary monitor.
You have no setting in graphics options for borderless window or to choose the monitor like in other games.
What setting can I add to the game config files to specify the monitor to use.
Log and dxdiag attached

Thanks,
Peter
Attachments
aggressors.zip
(24.23 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
n0kn0k
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Game wont run fullscreen on primary monitor

Post by n0kn0k »

There was someone else with the same problem. I just can't find the topic anywhere on the forums here or on Steam. I'm sure Pavel knows where to find it. :shock:
Cablenexus
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Cablenexus »

I don't have a multi monito setup myself, but I want to suggest the following I found:

- Try to run the game .exe from the other monitor?

- Setup the primary monitor use in your hardware setting (Nvidia or AMD).

- If the game/application does not propose the setting to choose the display it will run on, then there is no way to specify it manually.

By default, the games will start on the primary screen as set in the control panel. Should you need to put fullscreen games on a specific display, you would have to temporary set your primary display to the desired screen, launch the game, then switch it back.

The second best option (in my opinion) is to run your games in borderless windowed mode whenever possible. This should allow you to move windows (right-click on task in tasbar, move) or even use windows-7 shortcuts like WIN+Left/Right to move the window to the desired screen.

And:

- If you're using Windows 7 (or 8), I've picked up a handy trick to switch the screen my browser window takes up. (I tend to browse websites fullscreen)

Start the game, and when it is fullscreen on one monitor, push

[Windows Key]+[Shift]+[Left Arrow] (or Right Arrow, depending on your setup)

to move it between monitors.

Not too sure if it will work with all games, but give it a try.
petenz

Post by petenz »

I have found a solution.

If I bypass the Slitherine launcher (autorun.exe) and run the game directly (Aggressors.exe) it will start on my primary monitor.

Return to “Aggressors: Tech Support”